Free Sirius --- kind of.

nurkvinny

Guest MissTypeS
... or you could just use any of your friends' username and password for non-stop streaming music and talk (no Stern though, and they don't do sports anymore, sorry). There isn't a block on how many sources can use the same log in information so I've got my whole office listening on my account at the same time.

... or you could just use any of your friends' username and password for non-stop streaming music and talk (no Stern though, and they don't do sports anymore, sorry). There isn't a block on how many sources can use the same log in information so I've got my whole office listening on my account at the same time.

One is legal. One isn't.

How is it illegal? It's not like we're hacking into the system or anything.

You have a paid account with a company. You are sharing this account with x number of people for free. These people are accessing a paid service for free. Are you really asking how it is illegal?

Guest MissTypeS

Sure, it might be immoral, but considering its MY account and I am the one paying, I own the right to share it with whomever I choose until they figure out a way to limit access. It is absolutely no more "illegal" than setting up a new email every day - you're hearing the same thing I am, but you don't have to pay for it like I do. Now if I was somehow jimmy-rigging up people's radios to receive complete Sirius programming for free, THAT would be illegal. To Sirius I'm just accessing my account from several different locations, which they have absolutely no restrictions on.

Can we both agree that we're both taking advantage of the system?

Sure, it might be immoral, but considering its MY account and I am the one paying, I own the right to share it with whomever I choose until they figure out a way to limit access. It is absolutely no more "illegal" than setting up a new email every day - you're hearing the same thing I am, but you don't have to pay for it like I do. Now if I was somehow jimmy-rigging up people's radios to receive complete Sirius programming for free, THAT would be illegal. To Sirius I'm just accessing my account from several different locations, which they have absolutely no restrictions on.

So uh, what's your username and password? :)

-Marc

Nope.

The trial has limited access intended to get people hooked. You are sharing a paid service.

You can rationalize all you want. What you are doing is the same as splitting off your cable, and giving it to your neighbors for free. Having said that, my evil twin had free cable for 2 years and copies 30 or so DVDs a month. I don't care what you do with your account. Give all of CR your password. Just don't claim it is legal.

;)

I own the right to share it with whomever I choose until they figure out a way to limit access

And not to beat a dead horse, but no, you do not own any right to do that,

"We provide the Service only for your personal, non-commercial enjoyment. You may not make commercial use of, reproduce, rebroadcast, or otherwise transmit our programming, or record, charge admission for listening to or distribute play lists of our programming."

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=Page&cid=1019257316747