Survey; most regognizable:

Science Abuse

Something I noticed when driving around the other day. I beleive this car to have the most recognizable shape in automotive history. So I made these two pics and showed them to my girlfreind, a very not'car'person, and she instantly got them.

So, raise your hand if you instantly recognize this shape.

http://thewoodomain.net/files/11/side.jpg

Now, try and find something as easliy identified. Then show this and yours to some one without a car'clue and see which they get right.

Non-car people in all likelihood wouldn't have a clue as to what an NSX is.

Touche' saleman. But they'd just say "I dunno".

In the third world you'd be more likely to see a porsche then a bug, because only the rich will have cars. What premodana war lord spawn 14 year old would be caught dead shooting civilians from a beatle?

Touche' saleman. But they'd just say "I dunno".

In the third world you'd be more likely to see a porsche then a bug, because only the rich will have cars. What premodana war lord spawn 14 year old would be caught dead shooting civilians from a beatle?

well since they are still produced in mexico and just about taxi delivery car and business and resident that can affrad a car have one I would say the odds of one one are pretty damn good.

and heres the info to prove it

'Old Beetle' Still a Mexican Market Titan

Ironically, the Puebla facility's increasing focus on non-Mexican markets has left Mexican consumers as a secondary focus for a plant originally set up largely to serve Latin American markets. Most Mexicans simply can't afford the New Beetle -- generally priced around $20,000 - that now dominates Puebla production. Nonetheless, it's hugely important for the Mexican market that the Puebla plant continues to daily turn out some 100 units of the old-style Beetles. In fact, that facility is the only one in the world that still manufactures the classic Beetle.

And no wonder. The classic Beetle never came even remotely close to going out of style in Mexico. Even today, many Mexicans regard the retro-Beetle with a reverence that rivals that showered on the Beatles after 1964's release of "Meet the Beatles."

Mexicans continue to revere the classic Beetles for their reasonable price (currently around $6,700) and their durability on Mexico's sometimes-rough roads. Auto analysts, in fact, estimate that more than 1.1 million old-style Beetles are on the road in Mexico. That makes up more than one of every eight passenger cars in the entire country.

In fact, the old-style Beetles -- known in Mexico by the Spanish word "Vocho" -- remain so popular in Mexico that they're the subject of a monthly magazine: "Vochomania," a slick publication that even has a "Beetle of the Month" centerfold. Undoubtedly, "Vocho" sales will continue to be strong in the Mexican market in the near future.

and the link to back it up.

http://www.conway.com/ssinsider/bbdeal/bd000117.htm

so you still think the beatle is less recognizable then the 911

Oh and :p

i say this is more recognizable

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/hmm.jpg

the 19xx Peterbuilt Xblabluh bluh blah? Looking for specific make and model. ;)

Shawn, like I said, the Beetle may have a hand in this game, but you've got to think outside of mexico, despite the fact that they fuck like catholics. :p

BUT, Both the car are still designed by the same family. Ferdinand (beetle) and his son Ferry (heheheh) Porsche (911).

http://www.ehrlesparty.com/images/International/German%20Flag.jpg