Vince young

Guest Rane

Ok seriously, show me a game that Pittman and or Ginn had heisman producing numbers. Then show me where they did it twice in a row, cause there gonna need to mimmick that all year to be close.

Also, back on subject. Look at the Lions Offense, a Vince Young type quarter back would make them insane. Also if there DB's could stay healthy.

That is good for all if Vince goes pro, with Vince out of the picture, we could have three strong Heisman candidate, Troy Smith, Ted Ginn JR , and Antonio Pittman.

Pittman will have to fight off the freshman coming in. Did anyone see him light up the all star game?

See the thread below on Chris Wells.

preaseason rankings MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!

that pretty much decides if you go to the title game or not...

if you are preseason top 5 and don't lose your pretty much guaranteed a spot in the title game, as compared to a team in the top 20-25 going undefeated they might only make it to a BCS game i.e. (AUBURN 2 years ago)

vince did the right thing. another season of college ball means 10+ more games he could get injured in. Ideally he would go pro, make some serious cash and then finish school once his career is over.

preaseason rankings MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!

that pretty much decides if you go to the title game or not...

if you are preseason top 5 and don't lose your pretty much guaranteed a spot in the title game, as compared to a team in the top 20-25 going undefeated they might only make it to a BCS game i.e. (AUBURN 2 years ago)

Plus a bunch.

No they won't...

plus why would you WANT them to be preseason #1? way too much pressure for a defense with 9 new starters

The Gameday crew as well as several other writers have had 1. Texas* and 2. OSU. The * being Young's return.. w/ him gone most people have OSU preseason #1... I find it hard to believe the defense will play any different w/ a #2 or 3 ranking vs. a #1 ranking.

I find it hard to believe the defense will play any different w/ a #2 or 3 ranking vs. a #1 ranking.

You have obviously never been on a team with a #1 ranking before then. The pressure is immense

You have obviously never been on a team with a #1 ranking before then. The pressure is immense

You have........I have and if you let the pressure get to you then your an idiot. Play your game, and dont let the media do it for you.

You have........I have and if you let the pressure get to you then your an idiot. Play your game, and dont let the media do it for you.

Doesn't work that way, the pressure is there when you are top ranked, if you think it gets to you or not. I endured 7 weeks of playing on a #1 ranked football team. The pressure is there, even more so, to perform. Not because of the media, but then you have the pressure that you are going to let everyone down so much more being ranked so high, if you lose, including yourself.

Wrong, the polls that already have come out listed OSU at #2 and Texas at #1. Without Vince Young, that team has ZERO offense.

I don't like them being that high preseason. top 5 yes, top 2, I don't like that pre-season. Too much room for failure, not enough room for improvment. Tressel thrives being the underdog and having his team work its way up