Wtb: $6,000ish Car

TheBussman1647545507

this is for my freind, his paretns are going to buy him a $6Kish car, but only IF the car meets the following standards: (all the good stuff)

no RWD

no manual trans

also he requests:

no american cars

no kereon cars

120K miles or under

needs to be sporty (looking mainly for 2 door)

this is for my freind, his paretns are going to buy him a $6Kish car, but only IF the car meets the following standards: (all the good stuff)

no RWD

no manual trans

also he requests:

no american cars

no kereon cars

120K miles or under

needs to be sporty (looking mainly for 2 door)

I'd check out a nice mk3 VW VR6. Good power, 172hp/166tq, come fully optioned (leather, etc if you want) and they look good. For $6k he could get a MINT one, like 98ish with around 50k miles or so. I've had like 6, love 'em to death though never an automatic.

yea so apparently your friend needs to do some homework because there are so many options. For example, some people think that a cavalier is sporty while others think of old supras and rx-7s. Im not saying either way, but 6k is a lot to spend on a car that is just available through forums. You guys should go out and see some used cars and have him test drive some to see what he's really lookin for. I mean all of this in a nice and helpful way. Sorry if it comes accross harsh, but that's what internet will do.

also he requests:

no american cars

no kereon cars

Grouping American and I'll assume you were going for <Korean> cars together? Your friend has a lot to learn about cars.

Having said that, talk him into a GTP. It will carry around 4 times as much crap, outrun 99% of "non-American" cars, and looks 110% better.

Please show me a decent gtp for $6k.

Check clubgp.com or the like and you'll find deals that make your head spin. +2 on the GTP thing, I don't know why I didn't mention that because I just sold my GTP last month, oh yeah I do, because its NOT sporty at all, its a grandpa's car, but it IS fast, fwd and an auto!

My GTP is up for sale, and actual miles are just under 100, its up for grabs on ebay right now. I know it said no american and around 6K, im looking for $7000 but its pretty fast with mods and in awesome shape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Grand-Prix-GTP-1998-Pontiac-Grand-Prix-GTP-SLP_W0QQitemZ4603600280QQcategoryZ6422QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What about an older Maxima...? I'm gonna guess he's 16, so he needs a bigger car so that when he wrecks, he won't kill himself.

also, tell him to get a job and buy his own car... he will appriciate it 1000x more.

Get a SHO! He cant say its american because although ford makes the body, the engine is all yamaha. Not to mention the SHO will smoke a GTP and they are cheaper.

WTF are you smoking? Have you ever raced a 3.8L SC GTP? The 97+ model, not the older 3.1's. Your on some good crack there buddy, a friend of mine has a 94ish SHO, pretty modded as well and I RAPED him and my car was STOCK. Get off your high horse pal...

Over summer when I was looking, cheapest I could find on autotrader was $8k and they had 150+ miles on them.. guess I didn't look in the right spot..

Shit I paid $9200 for mine from a dealer and it had 51k miles on it being a 2001.

so he wants a civic

no not relly, he doen't like them because they're so common,

He could get a 94-97 svx, they're japonise

He would RELLY like to have one of them, hard to find one for sale around here though,

for $6500 he can buy my 13sec Hatchback

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20682

Great idea, put his picky mom says no 5 speeds, witch doen't make sence, the airbag thing and the RWD thing makes sence, but no excuse for why a 5 speed is unsafe.

I'd check out a nice mk3 VW VR6. Good power, 172hp/166tq, come fully optioned (leather, etc if you want) and they look good. For $6k he could get a MINT one, like 98ish with around 50k miles or so. I've had like 6, love 'em to death though never an automatic.

another great idea, likes those as well, we've yet to acutlly test drive one though.

Grouping American and I'll assume you were going for <Korean> cars together? Your friend has a lot to learn about cars.

Having said that, talk him into a GTP. It will carry around 4 times as much crap, outrun 99% of "non-American" cars, and looks 110% better.

no i don't like korean cars at all, he wants to have a reliable car, and although some american cars are relible, they do carry a reputation of being not quite as reliable as others, (also his parents have a dodge ram, and dorango that break left and right both are about 200' models but the 90' camery hasn't ever has a problem)

but your right alot of american cars are fast

What about an older Maxima...? I'm gonna guess he's 16, so he needs a bigger car so that when he wrecks, he won't kill himself.

also, tell him to get a job and buy his own car... he will appriciate it 1000x more.

i asked him about a maxima, i have on the car lot (97') that i work at, i guess he doen't think it's sporty enough, he's trying rely hard to get a job, i take him on runs to get job apps and turn them in, just no luck so far.

thaks for all the impot!

how about an integra? They're sporty, safe, and automatic. They can also haul a lot. I hauled a few different full size couches in my Type R. Im talking big long 5 seater couches. Plus they are reliable as heck. I loved my Type R... *tear*...

how about an integra? They're sporty, safe, and automatic. They can also haul a lot. I hauled a few different full size couches in my Type R. Im talking big long 5 seater couches. Plus they are reliable as heck. I loved my Type R... *tear*...

IDK why but he doen't like the look of most of them,

IDK why but he doen't like the look of most of them,

What! That's cool suppose. To each his own. What about like a Talon? They are nice lookin, inexpensive, and auto. Some are ok quick, but not so much that you will kill yourself. And they are not american, mostly.

Not to hijack the thread, but BAM my 1994 SHO romped on my friends GTP...

What year was, cuz like I said in my post, not all GTP's were supercharged. Also, it really depends on the speed of the race as well. GTP's have little topend power stock and all lowend, but yeah anything is possible.

And like Thorne said, throw a $100 pulley on there and it'd be a completly different story.