think i have a drinkin problem

Chad is Dead

Ok I get drunk about 6 days a week and the one day I try to stay sober I ususally just think about drinking and stay up real late cuz I can't sleep. On most nights I just drink beer and usually drink 10-12. Every once and awhile when I'm alone I drink Jack or Vodka. Well tonite I really realized I might have a problem. I drank a half of a bottle of Jack and I'm on my 2nd beer and plan on drinking more but I started thinking that thats probably not normal. So umm...ya I guess thats it. If you have any comments then go ahead and say em. JEAH

gettin drunk 6 days a week that is a problem, at least your coming to realize it and are willing to tell others, but +1 on finding other productive things/hobbies to do, your party days cant last forever sometimes you got to let some things go and move on.

If you're tryin to quit chad, as much as im sure you may or may not want to check it out, AA can help you a lot. i had a couple friends who were getting like that....drinking and drugs, and with AA, they went out every night with all the other people in the programs, went bowling or something of the like, then went to their meeting. it gave them something to do besides stay home and drink, and to this day, they still have some very good friends from the program. last time i talked to them, they were both going on 1 year of being sober.

i will agree though, its good youve realized the problem. i knew you liked to have a few beers, but i didnt realize it was that much that often. kudos to you if you plan on gettin some help or take it easy for a while

good luck

+1 on the AA program my uncle did every drug you can think of, drank non-stop had a huge amount of debt lost everything, then one day he just decided to go to aa for help and hasnt looked back since, and he just went cold turkey somehow hen he was 43, that was five years ago, now he focuses on his kids and taking care of his debt from neglecting his bills all those years

Ok I get drunk about 6 days a week and the one day I try to stay sober I ususally just think about drinking and stay up real late cuz I can't sleep. On most nights I just drink beer and usually drink 10-12. Every once and awhile when I'm alone I drink Jack or Vodka. Well tonite I really realized I might have a problem. I drank a half of a bottle of Jack and I'm on my 2nd beer and plan on drinking more but I started thinking that thats probably not normal. So umm...ya I guess thats it. If you have any comments then go ahead and say em. JEAH

This is Vince's wife and I'm a mental health counselor but have also worked with numerous substance abusers. If you truly want information the following link may be useful http://www.samhsa.gov/treatment/treatment_public_i.aspx

They have self-tests and links on how to get help.

pick up a healthier addiction, this is goin to sound stupid but everytime you want to drink, drink some bottled water, thats how i quit smokin, that way i didnt put on weight even though i need to, and i took time out to drink almost the whole bottle of water so by time i finished i would calm down and started thinkn about other stuff instead of "dam...i need a cigarrette".also after drinkn all the water you'll feel better (less tension, stress etc.), and have alot more restroom breaks.