Extended warranty on appliances....help.

Bam

Ok, so i got a thing in the mail from the place I bought our washer and dryer from, they are offering a 5 year extended warranty that covers all parts/labor/service whatever for $90/each, so basically $180 for both. Since this is my first major appliance I've owned, I'm wondering if this is worth it? How long does a washer/dryer usually last? How much is a service call on one of these? What usually breaks and is it expensive? I don't know how much people charge to like come to the house and have a look-see, but I bet its like $50/time, is that right? If so then this seems like a good deal, should I get it or no?

Thanks guys...

You will get hundreds of these damn things in the future. From appliances, to car warranties, to (fill-in-the-balnk) insurance. I've never fallen for any of them, and have no regrets so far.

Edit- and as far as washer and dryer longevity - I bought my set in 1999... cheapest Lowes had. Still using them today.

You will get hundreds of these damn things in the future. From appliances, to car warranties, to (fill-in-the-balnk) insurance. I've never fallen for any of them, and have no regrets so far.

I bought a 36,000 mile extended warrenty from chevy, it is exactly the same as the factory warrenty except I have a $100 deductable