Z32's?

cjackson

I think I've decided that I'm gonna save my pennies for a early 90's 300ZX Twin Turbo. I've been poking around on the internet and found a huge ass forum for them, but haven't had time to pick through it and read up on them. Anyone know of any good forum/mod pages that are out there for them? Thanks in advance.

piece

http://www.300zxclub.com Iv been a memeber there a while

that's the one I found

also a member now, just haven't picked through it ... local 300ZX clubs?

what do u wana know.ive been through em a bit

Just basically what the major problems are, what fixes there are for the problems, a reliable place to get parts from, what issues you've had with them, and what the car is actually worth. I plan on getting a 90/91-ish car, and I find it hard to pay $7k+ for an ODB1 car, twin turbo or not.

I plan on getting a 90/91-ish car, and I find it hard to pay $7k+ for an ODB1 car, twin turbo or not.

You should be looking at a fox body Mustang then. A nice example of one of these (which is what you should be looking for; basket cases = repair bills that make you wish you bought a nicer one) will cost upwards of $7K. The four wheel steering option (Super HICAS) available on the early 90s Turbo cars can be expensive to repair if it fails, so beware. Overall, a pretty good sports car... It gets expensive if you want a drag car. Seriously, though... if the idea of paying that much for one bothers you, you're looking at the wrong car; nothing that breaks on them is cheap.

The spending 7K comment wasn't meant for a total price of the car. I basically meant that I didn't want to spend that much on the platform ... I know it's going to be hard to find one cheaper than that, and I'll look (most likely in vain). I'm just saying, is the car really worth what people are trying to get out of them, in your honest opinions? I just don't want to be taken because I'm uneducated on the matter, or misinformed. I know I sound retarded with the 7K comment, I plan on pulling the motor the following winter anyways, I just want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off when I do eventually buy one.

baisicly if you buy a z for under 10gs then its not worth it..they still go for 20k everyday. wiring harness go, plugs/clips get brittle. that gets replaced while the engine is out. wiring harness is sub400 bucks not bad really. other than that ive messed with em so much that problems are not really problems to me anymore. there are things u can do to make your working on it experince easier.