Dodge Charger R/T Test drive

thorne

No I'm not getting rid of my monte :0 My parents are looking at getting a new car. MY mom has fallen inlove with the body style of the new Charger. She says it looks like a mean mustang ( I have no clue ). But she does have good taste in power in cars :) .. So she calls me to come take it for a spin (Still neogiating) The manualmatic is fun!. but this hemi sounds like a Damn 4cyl. Started the car up. I did not hear a damn thing. Rev it ... It kinda sounded RASPY!!!!!! MY mom said the daytona 5.7 version had a exhaust on it and it sounded like a fart can. But the quite v8 my mom loves it because she says its quite . Power wise it feel very ample. The ESP system on it is great. I floored it turned aroudn in a empty parking lot and not one tire chirp nothing perfect handling. Flip it off and as one would hope out of a 340hp engine Wheelspin and ass end sliding around .. Very controllable. Very a 4000 pound car i thought it felt nimble. So my parents are looking around i told them they could find a 06 used and save a bundle. My mom really likes the car if she gets the payments were she wants :) I might be able to drag her out one night hehehe.

The ESP system on it is great.

Yes it is :cool:;)

You'll never fully appreciate the ESP system unless something happens on the road where it saves your a$$. The LX system is really good and it's a lot of fun in partial mode. Unless you're driving an SRT you don't have a full off mode, so when you hit that button you still have ESP and brake traction control, but there's no engine intervention so you can spin the tires.

BDHG940 - That shouldn't be happening unless you're feeling brake traction control of ESP keeping you from getting too sideways.

Oh yeah, and I'm not sure what you mean by the Hemi sounding like a 4 cylinder. Every one I've driven sounds pretty mean. The Daytona's are louder and sound pretyt good IMHO.

I agree my TurboS had ESP and it saved my life when a z28 lost contorl in front of me on icey roads. . Yeah even when i had it off it still kicked in when i was playing.

Well if you wer playing around and getting the car sideways I can understand it. The "off" button isn't really off, it's partial/sport mode. It allows you to hang it out a little more and gets rid of engine traction control.