Small Displacement Turbo

93berettagt

Well I think I'm just going to tell him what everyone on here said and dump the idea of a turbo and go with the 100 shot of Nitrous. I had him planning on getting headers and the exhaust done until he seen one of those cheap turbos on ebay. I realized that there was more money to be spent on the other stuff to make the turbo work but I hadn't even thought if he knew about the other stuff. Mabey once I tell him that there is more to it than just the turbo itself he go back to the original plans to get headers and do other small bolt-ons, and if anyone want to race him to show him just how slow a stock ecotec really is I'd be thankful, I'm getting tired of hearing how fast it is.

if your looking to turbo a satty, you can eaither send me a message and ill get you in touch with the right ppl locally, or you can try http://www.turbosaturns.net register in the forum and ask away...there are guys on there with 95 SL2s making well over 450WHP but...they also have 10's of thousends of dollars in there motor and spent years trying to get to where they are today..

I will take that race. I drive a slow car too but its faster then a ecotec. So if he wnats to run we can arange something. A BIG car pwning him.

Well I think I'm just going to tell him what everyone on here said and dump the idea of a turbo and go with the 100 shot of Nitrous. I had him planning on getting headers and the exhaust done until he seen one of those cheap turbos on ebay. I realized that there was more money to be spent on the other stuff to make the turbo work but I hadn't even thought if he knew about the other stuff. Mabey once I tell him that there is more to it than just the turbo itself he go back to the original plans to get headers and do other small bolt-ons, and if anyone want to race him to show him just how slow a stock ecotec really is I'd be thankful, I'm getting tired of hearing how fast it is.

I would tell him to put a header, CAI, UDP, and other bolt-ons before I would even consider to do a turbo project.

I thought about the nitrous last year so I went and bought a NX wet kit for my car. Then I found out that the wideband setup will end up costing as much as what I paid for my NX kit, and it is still setting in my basement.

Do not jump the gun and start buying stuff before you know what you are doing.

I emailed him the link to that turbosaturn site he said he'll get on there. I think he'll just end up doing simple bolt-ons for now because I told him that there was more into buying a tubo than the turbo himself. As for the nitrous kit he is still unsure about it, I myself don't know much about nitrous either so I can't really explain it to him. Thorne I tried sending you PM about racing him but it said you bin was full.