When friends/lovers buy the SAME CAR as you...

Guest MissTypeS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Just hoping someone could sympathize with me here.

I picked up my "realistic" dream car in October after my Integra got totalled - a 2006 Acura RSX Type S, Magnesium Metallic with Ebony leather, 6 speed, Bose stereo with disc changer, blah blah blah (all come standard by the way, its not like I chose them specifically). I love this car to pieces and I have only seen one or two others just like it on the road.

A month after I got it, I was approached by a guy who had some questions about it and wanted to know my opinions/thoughts on the vehicle. He claimed to LOVE them and really wanted one of his own, so we chatted for a while and became friends.

Fast forward to now, we've been dating for a few months, and yesterday he called to inform me that he was at the dealership where I bought my car, and had just signed a lease for a 2006 Acura RSX Type S, Magnesium Metallic with Ebony leather, 6 speed, Bose stereo with disc changer, blah blah blah.

My car, exactly. We now are a dating couple driving dueling Type S's, and I'm not sure how I feel about this. If we ever have to meet somewhere we'll show up in identical cars. Did he just start dating me to get info on his dream car so he could make a wise decision? I no longer drive the "better" car, so am I now less attractive to him? I don't really care about these questions as I'm not really that insecure, but I kinda feel like he stole my thunder. Maybe I should be flattered or something.

Can anyone else relate? Bueller?

be flattered when me and my wife started dating i drove a POS. then i was driving her car for a little while because i upgraded to a mustang but it broke and i was fixing it . I feel in love with the Grand prix and i wanted a GTP so bad. Then i got a car faster and newer then hers. and on same platform . By no way do i find my wife less atractive that she has a lesser car then mine.

If hes a real man he wont give a damn your still his girl and be chill.

I would be very disturbed. So much disturbed in fact that I would either A. Break off the relationshiip or B. Tell him he needs to return the car.

I truly believe that cars are extensions of peoples personalities. You go to work in it, people see you in it, you learn how to cradle a bottle of Jack so that it won't spill when your whipping around the corners.

There is emotion to purchasing a car and not just financially.

Miss Type S, I have spoken with you on a couple of different times in person, and I find your personality to be very independent. This "guy" is riding your sack of independence. If you like co-dependent people, then this is the right guy for you.

I can understand your position, and I would personally take it much farther than it needs to go, but overall it is "just a car". If you think of your RSX as just another car you could have bought, then you are on the right boat. If you think of your RSX as much more than "just a car", then this guy should have a hell of alot more respect than to do something of this nature.

Hey I'm still in college, what do you expect? But its not like I went to a dealership and bought it new because my girlfriend has the same car. It's more like I can't afford shit, because I keep wasting all my money on books, booze, and bitches.

Wish my parents could afford to buy me a purple trans am. (It is a bad ass car tho)

Wish my parents could afford to buy me a purple trans am. (It is a bad ass car tho)

The only involvement my parents had with this car was my dad going on a test drive with me. I made every payment on the car since I bought it in 2001. It's now paid for. I also carried my own insurance policy on the car since i bought it.

No help from the parents on this one.

If my girlfriend went out one day and came back with another 1 of 124 Blue-Green Chameleon Formulas, I'd be ecstatic.

Why? It's a compliment to me, and she stands for driving a RWD V8 which is also a very nice styled vehicle.

I'd personally not see it as a competition, unless I came home another day and she had cammed it and threw some spray on it to boot :)

If my girlfriend went out one day and came back with another 1 of 124 Blue-Green Chameleon Formulas, I'd be ecstatic.

Why? It's a compliment to me, and she stands for driving a RWD V8 which is also a very nice styled vehicle.

I'd personally not see it as a competition, unless I came home another day and she had cammed it and threw some spray on it to boot :)

Sounds like that would be healthy cometition. Race to see who is on top. ;)

Guest Blackout GT
Dump the queer. Date a guy with a rear wheel drive V8. Most of them are straight. No male RSX owners are straight.

buwhahaha thats funny :D

but on a side note..... ya'll have the same taste in cars, life goes on....

Guest FooFooMaru

My gf's neighbors have 2 black New Trailblazers identical. But then again......the husband has a GTO on the side lol.

That's really weird. I don't know how i'd feel if gf had the SAME EXACT CAR. At least his car isn't BETTER? I suppose. I think i'd look at it with snicker......not the candy bar. Meh

Freakin' weird :lol: