Nitrous backfire

Billy

Guest powers

purge is not for backfires

purge is to make sure you line is full of nitrous so your car does not go pig rich and go slower.

Backfires are caused by fuel puddling in the intake and then it ignites. You can remedy this by waiting to spray until a safe RPM. That safe RPM is a topic of debate. Most wait untill 3500 rpm. At this speed the air is moving through the intake fast enough to keep the fuel from puddling.

So the moral is USE A WINDOW SWITCH. The MSD unit with the rpm pills is the way to go. They run around 80 bucks from IPS.

i had a nice nitrous backfire, i was actually gettin ready to run sam and hua got it on tape. big fire ball, it was crazy. It blew apart my air intake and killed my MAF. Yea i got itchy and sprayed a few hundred rpms below where i should have. I don't like the window switches, because it's another thing that can fail. Allow we aren't perfect either as humans. I shifted on spray also and I guess i'm lucky I never missed a shift.

But what greg said is correct, fuel puddles up in the intake when there isn't enough velocity to pull it all the way through.