SVT dies 4/1/06

nurkvinny

"It's likely that Ford will continue to produce special-edition models of several vehicles, but they will not be sold through SVT channels."

does anyone remember when they changed the name from svo? They arnt stopping the production just the name.

well, that makes sense since fords stock has been dropping DAILY, and yes i do mean each day for the past few weeks. I think ford is finally gonna go under, like they should have years ago.

I wouldn't go by that. Over the past 4 weeks GM stock has dropped 21% and Ford stock has dropped 12% over the same timeframe. Both are losing market share to foreign competitors and both are weighed down by under funded pensions and rising health care costs. If you go by "company quality ratios", Ford is in better shape than GM and has a better earnings outlook. If your judging Ford by their stock price don't. Ford has over three times the outstanding shares that GM does. If Ford were to do a 3-1 reverse stock split their stock would be trading higher than GM and they would still have more outstanding shares. The bottom line is both companies are in trouble.

well, that makes sense since fords stock has been dropping DAILY, and yes i do mean each day for the past few weeks. I think ford is finally gonna go under, like they should have years ago.

not smart posting folks, make sure you don't step in this

I think ford is finally gonna go under, like they should have years ago.

I'm sure that sentiment makes it alot easier on the thousands of Americans who will lose their jobs.

Tell me Rick, why would the world be a better place without Ford?

Later,

Jason

I dont think the big three are going to go anywhere for awhile. Yes the Japaneese are taking over. But its still gonna be sometime before there is no more Ford, GM, and the German owned Chrysler.

But if do the big three do go under. I guess the japaneese better get off their ass and build a truck that compares to the duramax, powerstroke, and of course the cummings.