crown vic oil change

evan9381

yes, i know how to change oil in a car. last time i went to change the oil/filter on my sisters sunfire, i couldnt find the oil filter. turns out its not a normal twist on/twist off. thought id see if the filter is the same on a crown vic (1992) or if its just a normal twist on twist off and wont give me any issues

you must be talking about hte ecotec engine( sunfire) your crown vic will use a traditional filter.

yeah, im pretty sure its the ecotec. its like an 02/03 something. it was dumb. i finally (after like 40 min) said screw it and just drained the oil and filled it back up.

for future reference, anyone know where the filter is on that ecotec engine?

Yup, it's on the front of the engine. You need , I think, a 30 mm socket. You can bring it by my house on thursday, I'm changing my wife's ecotec oil and I'll do your's too or you can do it. It's not a regular filter, you're just changing the filter element.

Guest Removed

Cartirage type filter, right next to the intake..30mm axle socket works for me.

and on the crown, youll have to turn the wheel, to get the filter out past the steering linkage.....good luck..

Yup, it's on the front of the engine. You need , I think, a 30 mm socket. You can bring it by my house on thursday, I'm changing my wife's ecotec oil and I'll do your's too or you can do it. It's not a regular filter, you're just changing the filter element.

thanks for the offer, but it doesnt need changed for a while. she just had it done not long ago. i just wanted to check for future reference

when you do change the filter (driver front near the exhuast manifold 1 1/4" socket) be very carefull not to mess up the o-ring on the filter housing lid or it will leak all over the place most filters of reasonable quality come with a new o-ring for this lid make sure you use it...