World's Oldest Bible Online

Casper

Manuscript

Too many concurrent connections (> 100.000). The manuscript page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Yeah, they just went live this morning. They're getting slammed.

I dunno if I should be impressed or what? I'm sure there are older pieces of literature that exist. While I can appreciate the historical value, I just have an issue with this 'sacred' text and all the news it gets.

Seeing as though you seem to be a hater of religion and the "sacred text", you of all people should appreciate this. It has no mention of the resurrection of Christ, the cornerstone of Christianity.

I'm more of a hater of organized religion. I read your initial post that said that, I just couldn't find it in the article, the CNN one - so I assume that info was factual from some other source or your other link which was TL;DR.

And no matter whether it makes mention or not, the Christian fundamentalists and over zealous practitioners will spin this however they need to to show Jesus was (or would be) in there somewhere - "I'm sure it's in the subtext somewhere", "Actually, this really means that, so Jesus was inferred".

I'm not against any particular beliefs of people, I'm just upset the book of the 'flying spaghetti monster' doesn't get as much press - it deserves to be covered as much as this does.

fsm_book.jpg

When are humans going to give up on this bullshit? I would love to hold your hand and tell you that it's going to be OK as you go through life and that when you die, a special paradise awaits you but I hate to lie. Jesus was a fictional character, just like Moses and that broad Eve. We all have the right to believe in whatever we so desire, just keep it at home and don't come knocking on my door unless you're a hot lady who can suck the chrome off of a trailer-hitch. Monotheism is a cancer that needs a good dose of chemo, like reason and accountability. One life and then you go back to being a non-entity once more. Is that so bad?

When are humans going to give up on this bullshit? I would love to hold your hand and tell you that it's going to be OK as you go through life and that when you die, a special paradise awaits you but I hate to lie. Jesus was a fictional character, just like Moses and that broad Eve. We all have the right to believe in whatever we so desire, just keep it at home and don't come knocking on my door unless you're a hot lady who can suck the chrome off of a trailer-hitch. Monotheism is a cancer that needs a good dose of chemo, like reason and accountability. One life and then you go back to being a non-entity once more. Is that so bad?

What this world needs is more people who know what the hell they are talking about and less who talk out their ass.

Jesus WAS NOT a fictional character, whether you believe he was the son of God, thats up to you but he was a real person.

yeah the romans kept pretty good records. jesus did exist, and he was crucified. as to whether he was the son of god, turned water into wine and all that other good stuff...

Anyone care to name one historian who lived during the time that Jesus was alive and wrote about the crucifixion, the resurrection, Jesus turning water into wine, the Virgin Birth, and the numerous absurdities that occurred in the New Testament? Jesus was a very common name back then but as far as the biblical Jesus being historical, this kid doesn't buy it.