2005 Monte Carlo on with key

thorne

I have been trying to test this but its a bitch cause the car turns things on for x amount o time after i shut the car off. I wanna know what fuse i can tap for on with key power to kick on my AMP

Any help appreicated it driving me nuts and drained my battery one 3 diffrent occasions.

Guest 78novaman
You should be able to use the same line that closes the relay for the power antenna. Even if the car doesn't have a power antenna, the stock radio will have an output for it.

Look in the owners manual or on the door of the fuse box for the diagram of what fuse is for what and just tap the radio fuse. That's kind of a half ass fix but it works. Also If you go probing around with a test light be careful you don't set off the air bags. Your best bet is to use a multi meter when probing for 12v.

Guest racinbird
Being an 05 I'd be careful just tapping into things. Too many sensitive computers/modules that can be locked up. Also don't tap into just any wire that has 12v, it may just be a signal wire and ANY load can pull that circuit down. Let me check on GM website tomorrow at work and Ill get back to you. FWIW, air bag circuits ALWAYS have yellow connectors on them for GM (maybe federal standard) dont hit those :)

Guest racinbird
If you still need to find a switched wire for the amp, I'd try this...tap into the yellow wire at the left side instrument panel fuse block for the retained accessory power circuit breaker. Its a 30amp circuit breaker which is switched to 12v with key in "on, accessory, and rap (on til you open door)". Make sure you have an in-line fuse installed per amp specs. Let me know if you need more help.

well right now I've got Direct wire ran to trunk and EVERYTHING imean EVERYTHING was fucking hot inside the fuse box when i had the car off for few minutes execept one. I found it its my fucking head lights so at night i can bump or turn on my headlights in the day. Its only the remote wire so there no huge draw i just wanted on with key.

yes stock stereo it control to much in my car to take ito ut :(