WTB: 8.5 GM rearend

nathan

I need only the center section as I will be recycling my axle tubes and axles, but if some has a housing or a complete unit from say a blazer, full size truck, or van that they no longer need let me know.

Dave,

I thought that some of the older full size blazers had the 8.5in. I agree that I can get one for $200 at a junkyard, but I was hoping that someone might have one already pulled out of a vehicle. I had a lead on one a while back for $50 but the guy sold the whole vehicle instead.

I am not sure if that would work or not. The reason being I am not sure if it has the correct spline for the axles. I think those cars had 30 spline axles and the trucks, vans, and (blazers?) had 28 spline axles. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a 9in or 12 bolt, but I thought if I could do something different it would be interesting and I might get something that was just as strong without the cost.

That's a good bit of information. It should make it easier and hopefully I can just get a minispool to put in there if that is the case. If not then I saw a lot of positracs on ebay today for not much. I would consider the chrystler rear, although since you have the 10 bolt I would prefer to stick with a GM product.