I was thinking

Buckeye1647545503

if it ever gets done, the Dirty Old Mopar I think is one of the classic sleepers. A small 2-door Daytona hatch with a 4-banger. Scratched paint, shitty everything, even the wing is torn off. I think if that thing ran a mid-12 (yeah, I know that's slow for here) it'd be a sleeper. I define sleeper as someone who knows little about cars would take one look at the car and immediately assume it is slow.

Guest Removed
I'm thinking early fairmont with a BB swap under a stock hood , or even easyer..injected 5.0 with turbo.....just doit! paint it a grandma tan brown, quiet exhaust......bam sleeper!

I think any car that someone wouldn't think is fast but is counts as a sleeper. For example, not many people know of T-Type's sure people here do but as far as general public, not really, they barely know what a Grand National is, most think its a Monte Carlo anyway. So take a built up 10 sec T-Type and joe blow in his bone stock 2005 Mustang GT pull up, "ahh thats just a slow Monte Carlo" The Mustang proceeds to get smoked by the "sleeper" T-Type. Thats my definition of a sleeper.

I had a 75 Monza with a 400 small block and stock appearing down to the 13 inch hubcaps.That thing SUCKED out of the hole but from about 50mph up it was fun.I have some good pics of me doing a burnout,no video back then.I used to pull balls of rubber out of the rear fenderwells.I think a sleaper is anything that appears to be stock but can run.A guy my age has seen most of the engine swaps out there so just because it's been done doesn't rule it out as a sleeper.I always thought the Chevette with the Buick 3.8 would be fun or the SVO 2.3 Turbo motor in a 1940 Ford was cool.