How much nitrous can a 2001 2.2l Cavalier safely take?

RedRocket1647545505

question is.. why spray it :)

Shits and giggles. :D

I'm also looking the the absolute cheapest single nozzle wet kit I can find, preferrably new.

I found this one. So far it's the cheapest, but I still don't want to spend that much for just a laugh.

Also, does anyone know how they pull timing on these things? They have timing trickers for the LSx, but I wasn't sure if they offered something like that for the 2.2l.

It'll still be slow as shit, but a little funner. I bet it can take a 100 shot....

Guest Removed

100 shot Will put it all over the road! unless your tryying to kill it!

If you stay with a 50 or 60 shot , you will not need to pull timing...Just add some octane booster, and it will be fine! On the 50 shot's ive seen , normally you can get like 12 to 15 1/4 mile pass's out of it!

Guest Removed

sniper v-8 plate kit at jegs = 369.99

NOS fogger nozzle = 50

Jet kit(low setting's)= 16

Or even buy a used v-8 kit(around $150-200) and do the same thing!

Or they have the same Kit your looking at there,(but NOS) for about the same price!

The ecotec is a pretty strong motor.

I'd be interested in seeing the outcome.

Is the car going to be otherwise stock ?

Any I/E work ?

Yea, so I've heard about them being strong. And, the car has been my daily driver for almost the past 3 years. It's about at 95k miles, and I think it's waaaaay past due for some nitrous. The car is completely stock, because I have absolutely no desire to try and make it fast. I just want to spray it for the hell of it. The sprayed lawnmower vid gave me the idea. Though, I don't want to blow it up, because it is still my daily driver.

And my main worry is if the fuel system can keep up. I have no idea about the modability (is that a word?) of a cavalier.

Anyone remember the vid I posted of my friend and I spraying his '95 2.2l cavalier? haha, that was fun. :cool:

I had a 80 shot on a 2.8 Fiero GT.It lasted about 50k with the 80 shot and was running fine when I got rid of it.I had one backfire when I tried to go to a 100 shot that melted my plugs and blew my intake hose off,I would say I leaned it out a bit.I would think a 50 shot would be fine as long as everything is in good working order,

Its a ecotec,(didn't notice 2001)the returnless fuel system is going to play hell on you... better start looking for a dry kit for it.....

Wow, I had no idea you can't run nitrous on a returnless fuel system.