No oil

Clifford Automotive

350 60 over, comp cams 264 grind. comp cams push rods 1.6 rockers. world heads. 5000 miles on the engine. looks like there is sludge in the pushrods. i really dont want to pull the intake to check the lifters. i am going to check the oil filter adapter (factory) and see if it is clogged tomorrow.

there is no noise in the bottom end. noise is just from the lifters not getting oil.

what do guys think about the old kerosene trick?

It should not be that 'sludged' up after 5000. Unless you use Quaker State, drive in REALLY dirty conditions, and have never changed the oil.

Did the lifter noise start "all of a sudden", or slowly show up? Have you changed ANYthing on the engine recently or around the time the noise started?

The cheapest thing by far to try is to change oil and new filter. Another easy thing to try is to buy/borrow another pressue guage, and check you really have 60lbs at the sending unit.

I have seen a couple of engines that didn't oil the top end properly because the cam bearings were installed incorrectly, and the oil holes didn't line up. If it has done this from the start and the simple stuff doesn't do the trick, you might look there.

Changed The Oil Already. Doesnt Seem To Help. It Seems To Have Come Out Of Now Where. Car Ran Top Notch, Then Just This Past Weekend It Started To Tick. I Was Concerned That A Rocker Had Come Loose. Pulled The Valve Covers To Find No Oil. I Have Autolite Guages. Nothing On This Engine Has Been Changed Or Modified Since It Was Built. Nothing.

thats what im wondering...

gonna take the filter back off and take the filter adapter off. see whats up. havent done that yet.

i still havent heard any responses of about the kerosene. any one heard of this. i watched it be done a vehicle before. im just kinda scared to do it on mine.

i still havent heard any responses of about the kerosene. any one heard of this. i watched it be done a vehicle before. im just kinda scared to do it on mine.

Yes, I have seen it done on Mopar engines with severe sludge from neglect. My guess is you won't do it; my guess is you will find something that caused your issue soon.

Vinny your guess was right. I let the engine run at 2500 while lubing the top end. After about 10 minutes of fun time. (after the engine was warmed up) oil slowly 1 by 1 came through the rockers. Took about 5 more minutes to come out of all the rockers. What a relief. That made my day. But now I have to readjust all of my rockers, from when i tore them off.