I am looking to restore a 76 trans am

Ramsey

My uncle and I are looking to restore a 76 trans am, and I would like any tips or links to help this go smoothly. We are trying to get a car from his buddy at work for about $1000, and are thinking that it shouldn’t cost more than about 5k to completely restore, I may be wrong? We are not looking to build much more than stock and we are going to paint it ourselves (with a friend that has a booth) and are thinking it is going to take about 2 years. There is not much that really needs to be done, but we will take it down to frame and build from there. There isn’t too much rust (nothing more than surface stuff) so we are just looking to take out some of the dents and dings, and hopefully put a sick color on it. If anybody has any input before we get started that would be greatly appreciated. I should have pics up soon.

Year one!!!

one of the smartest comments made from rob evar!!!

be patient, me and my dad (mostly my dad) are doing a 1968 firebird 400 deluxe coupe at the moment. make sure you have a good welder if needed, dont go crazy with bondo. and let your paint flash long enough between coats. if i think of any more or hear any from dad ill post more.

Guest Removed
one of the smartest comments made from rob evar!!!

be patient, me and my dad (mostly my dad) are doing a 1968 firebird 400 deluxe coupe at the moment. make sure you have a good welder if needed, dont go crazy with bondo. and let your paint flash long enough between coats. if i think of any more or hear any from dad ill post more.

:finger:

My best suggestion is to take your time and do a good job. Can't tell if it is only going to cost $5K extra to restore it. Depends on what kind of condition the car is in. I am working on a 71 Charger, and well I have more than $5K in the engine alone. Of course, I removed the 340 and I am putting in a 427.