Lower pegs on a GSXR 1000

xtremef4i

OK so I rode with a guy from work last night. He has an 03 GSXR 1000. He was wondering if there was any kind of kit to lower the pegs since the stockers are tucked up so tight. He liked the ergos on my F4i and wants lower pegs. Does any one know of a kit that lowers the stock rearsets for more comfortable touring and leg room? He said he found some online a while ago but cant find anything now. I think there is some sort of kit for the SV...wonder if that would work?

I was gonna stop but figured the guy I was with wouldnt want to...I thought we would just be on a short ride but we ended up going out past RT 35, down Valley and taking the same route as NinjaNick would take us from the usual meeting place...we only rode a few of the roads and turned around to go home. I wanted the guy to see your shop in case he ever has you do his tires or something. He doesnt ride that hard so I was waiting a while on him thru Canal...he liked it though. I rode his 1000 and my Lord that thing is insanely fast!!! almost too much...But you know I want one.

Hey Dustin, I imagine you or your dad could probably machime some sort of lowering plate right? I know they make riser plates for my bike instead of buying aftermarket rearsets...just slap a plate on that relocates them....Let me know if that is possible with out messing up the shift linkage and not being able to shift gears.

I can't remember which GSXR I had them on the 01 or 03 1000 but I had a just a peg that rotated 360. You could quickly change it from raised to lowered. At some of the settings you could actually be lower and more forward.

They wer Lockhart Phillips called 360 peg or something like that. they never took off I guess and they didn't make them for many bikes.

I can't remember which GSXR I had them on the 01 or 03 1000 but I had a just a peg that rotated 360. You could quickly change it from raised to lowered. At some of the settings you could actually be lower and more forward.

They wer Lockhart Phillips called 360 peg or something like that. they never took off I guess and they didn't make them for many bikes.

Thanks, I'll check to see if they are still available

TL1000 pegs are lower, or the Buell XB90 pegs are even lower, but check for exhaust clearance if it's close, their like 30 bucks from the dealer.

Are they the whole rear set and peg? do they bolt right up to the 03 gixxer?

Rearset Lowering Kit

This was the first one that came up but I'm sure there are others. I've seen guys getting lowering kits all the way back in '01. I'll see if I can find some more.

Thats about exactly what I was looking for...5/8 of an inch doesnt seem like much tho...Wonder if they make one for a whole inch

Are they the whole rear set and peg? do they bolt right up to the 03 gixxer?

Just the peg, they require some filing down as the buell pegs are too thick, but they are an extremely popular mod for the 'busas. I guess they give you an inch or so.

just buy some aftermarket rearsets.... You can find them for dirt cheap on the wera boards and such.

only problem most rearsets raise the pegs not lower.

I think the Vortex adjustables you can flop the plates (mount the ones for the right on the left side and vice versus) and get them lower..