Update on Jason's condition

ousley99

Just got a call from the hospital and they are taking him into surgery right now. Apparently he had a blood clot from his arm make it's way into his lung... On top of the fact they just today noticed that he has a broken right leg after they have been forcing him to stand on it and walk to the bathroom.

Overall I think OSU sucks compared to Riverside! I've had 22 broken bones, 19 pins, 14 surgeries, and countless concussions along with other random injuries all taken care of at Riverside. I think that Riverside is world class compared to OSU.

Basicly he has brain trauma on his frontal lobes, a broken left foot, broken right leg, and now blood clots that are heading to vital organs. They can't put him on blood thinners because of the bleeding in his brain still. I'm still at work, but I'll be there by the time he gets out of surgery and have further updates tomorrow.

Just got a call from the hospital and they are taking him into surgery right now. Apparently he had a blood clot from his arm make it's way into his lung... On top of the fact they just today noticed that he has a broken right leg after they have been forcing him to stand on it and walk to the bathroom.

Overall I think OSU sucks compared to Riverside! I've had 22 broken bones, 19 pins, 14 surgeries, and countless concussions along with other random injuries all taken care of at Riverside. I think that Riverside is world class compared to OSU.

Basicly he has brain trauma on his frontal lobes, a broken left foot, broken right leg, and now blood clots that are heading to vital organs. They can't put him on blood thinners because of the bleeding in his brain still. I'm still at work, but I'll be there by the time he gets out of surgery and have further updates tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Just an FYI...a broken bone (especially in an extremity) ALWAYS increases your risk for a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) which is the reason for the pulmonary embolism. I obviously don't know the specifics of the case but I do know that I wouldn't go ANYWHERE else in this city for care except OSU. I have worked there as a nurse.....now a nurse practitioner for several years. We give excellent care. Yes there are going to be case by case issues but you should see the train wrecks we get from Ohio Health...you know the place you rave about. Yes they have wonderful teams of docs/nurses there too but you can't discount a whole hospital system b/c your friend has an unfortunate health issue that would have happened at ANY hospital.

And an FYI...they can still put a filter in his to keep any other clots from heading up to his lungs or brain from here on out.

OSU left a sponge in woody hayes.