Rant!!!

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

Ok, so I get a call from another chassis guy yesterday, that recentlly started selling wolf suspenion stuff...And so I start to tell him what I'm tryying to do with my car, and any opinion is open to me at this point, because i'm sure there not to many people out there tryying to put 1500 some horsepower down on the street! I told him I wanted a 25.5 cert cage in the car regardless! He started to laugh some and start ranting on how the chro-moly Kit is like $2700..I'm like so? I don't care what it cost's, I'm spending Over $25,000 on the motor alone! I'd like for the car to fit in a SSO or 10.5w outlaw class (just when the NMRA is close, so it's easyer to fall in a class), and No , I dont plan on going after any record run's or anything like that!

My main goal is to have the car the way I want it, And before the plasma cutter get's pulled out. I want to have a plan, and gett it done(the way I want it) the first time..I don't want to mini-tubb it, If it's not going to hook on a small tire, on the street! I dont care if If the hole thing is tubular in the rear with a 4 link! I'd like it to hook on the street! And first off, If someone laugh's at me the way this guy did, I'm sure not going to buy anything he's tryying to sell me, No matter how many current record's that said company hold's! It doesn't mean shit to me, Because that guy ...Isn't the one setting the record's! Well he end's up having to call me back. :rolleyes: And we go on too dicuss other issue's, such as Maybe doing the car with a ladder bar setup! And then when he say's, "well I have no idea what that would take".

I'm just done talking to this guy, cause his main focus is stock style suspension! I really don't care if the car fall's into a sertain class or not!

I don't want to look back when it's all done and say "I wish I would have done it different" be it ladder bar , 4 link, or stock style suspension!

I don't care about the damn resale value, that the more stock the suspension is the better the resale is!! Who the hell said I plan on selling it. I'm this close to taking it to NC, just to get it done right! :(

If you have a suggestions, or any idea's, let me know. Don't post in here To bash me or my idea's... I posted this in the kicthen, Because I needed to rant on this subject, to clear my head! If it need's moved , so be it!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
You me from a dig....

You must be on bald eagle gst street tires.

look sam, It's either run how it come out the trailer, or dont run it!

Power is nothing without putting it to the ground! maybe your next modd should be some tire's :p

look sam, It's either run how it come out the trailer, or dont run it!

Power is nothing without putting it to the ground! maybe your next modd should be some tire's :p

It is..... kekekekekeke

Just dont like the feeling of driving on slicks and skinnies. So for the street the BFG drag radials will do for now..

Guest Removed
It is..... kekekekekeke

Just dont like the feeling of driving on slicks and skinnies. So for the street the BFG drag radials will do for now..

thats better then some blad gst bullshit!

Guest Removed
Race it? I'm going to drag it around 270. :)

Seriously, I feel you on the whole rant thing - sounds like that guy was being a dick. Fuck him.

you think ;) when did you put a hitch on the vette :confused:

thats what im thinking, I'm sure there's someone out there thats willing to take my money and like it! :cool:

Guest Removed
on the contrary, ill be waiting with baited breath for you to bring out this monster that you are bulding. ill even bring my triple a card.

Dont worry, the trailer will have a wench in it! I plan on breaking stuff! ;)

:rolleyes:

well i guess you already have your excuse!

don't think he meant for you to take it personal, more of a in general attitude If you were to come out to a meant and be a ass riding on a high horse no one is going to want to race you. at least that was my take on it.

Guest crazylady
fat chance. if no one wants to race you, itll have more to do with you than the car.

And just who are you? And how do you think you know Rob? Rob will do anything for anybody, untill they piss him off... Which is not hard!

Guest Removed
So you tell the guy you want to put down 1500 on the street and now you talk about bringing out on a trailer :confused:

I dont what to wear out a $25k motor, driving it around...I see it all the time, unload it, get the race off, and get the fuck out of there!

of course, it will see some street duty im sure! I never planned on driving this one across town , but i did!

Guest Removed
don't think he meant for you to take it personal, more of a in general attitude If you were to come out to a meet and be a ass riding on a high horse no one is going to want to race you. at least that was my take on it.

fixxed!

I have never came out on NO high horse! If you werent there, the last meet, I was by far on no high horse! other's were! I'm a nice guy , untill im crossed!

Didnt take it personal, just dont judge people on the interweb! untill you know them!

who i am is irrelevant to this conversation. i know rob from here only, which explains my low esteem of him. if i ever need rob to do something for me, ill remember that. the chances are astronomically low that well find ourselves in that situation, however.

besides, i even offered to bring the triple a!

Guest Removed
btw, wheres my etf?

25k doesnt buy you a very durable motor, apparently.

I'm hoping for this year.... but only time will tell!

BBF motor's are not cheap! and why would i want to wear it out in one weekend? :confused:

Beside's I found a used SSO 512ci Im thinking of putting in it for know to get the bugg's worked out of the car! I'm still making up my mind on the final details of the engine build, along with the rest of the car! :o

Guest Removed
who i am is irrelevant to this conversation. i know rob from here only, which explains my low esteem of him.

Judging people on the interweb :nono:

if i ever need rob to do something for me, ill remember that. the chances are astronomically low that well find ourselves in that situation, however.

besides, i even offered to bring the triple a!

With the online attitude you have given me, Your better off taking it somewhere else!

what , dont you think i have AAA? If need be, there are a few tow truck driver's in my two way!

obviously, they arent cheap. but at an expense like that, youd think that "wearing it out" wouldnt be possible in just one weekend, unless you did nothing but quarter mile pulls all weekend long. i cant say that i know much about that particular motor, but i have to say, if im plunking down 25 grizzle, it fucking better last me a little while.

of course i judge people on "teh intarweb", its not like i know you personally. i cant understand why people would be any different on here than in person, so why should i form a different opinion of them. ask anyone who knows me, im the same guy here as i am in person. chris green is ok in person, but hes a douchebag on here. i treat him like a douchebag all the time, because i dont seperate this shit. *shrug* be who you are all the time, and you shouldnt have issues with it.

as far as taking it somewhere else goes, im pretty sure thats what i was trying to convey to the "crazylady" who posted earlier. with all the money youre about to drop on this car, i wasnt sure youd be able to pony up for triple a, so i thought id offer. my bad.