Anyone running on air?

byhi

Hey guys, well im selling my 97 turbo 240sx pretty soon here and buying a big four door. I'm tryin to learn more about air suspnsion set ups and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them on their cars? Also has anyone here put on air suspension their self, like first hand? Any tips or good brands that you have worked with would be helpful. And it will most likely be going on a 98ish Infiniti Q45t. Thanks for any info.

I have heard from a lot of my friends that have had it that it is not a very good thing to do. Very hard to ride on and if you scrap or bust a line you could damage your car. One of my friends ripped off his entire front bumper when his hose broke.

Guest Removed

Well if people stop zip-tieing air lines to the bottom of there car's maybe that wouldn't happen! plus the front strut's are very noisey in almost all of them ive seen!

If you do it, run the lines inside the car!

Guest Removed

And don't mount the compressor's inside of some damn incloser! 1. it's a pian in the ass to replace the compressor! 2. it will cause them to over heat alot more then normal,And end up knocking!

One more tip! most of the good strut setup's have a braided hose coming off the strut, use a bulkhead fitting in the inner fender, make sure you have full travel, and it will turn out much better in the end! and plan on buyying 3 200 psi gauge's. one for the main tank and 1 front and 1 rear..

Guest Removed

And at least once a month check all the front end part's and other suspension part's!

And keep in mind! most people that do this to there driver with a not so cheap kit, still end up sayin "I'll never do it again". Don't get me wrong, there are some nice kit's out there, but are really high dollar!

are you going a air ride , or are you doing the bounce deal, the one's that slams up and down?

No bouncing for me. I just want to air ride. I also dont want one of the really fast dropping air kits. Slow is just fine. It's just so i can slam my car and tuck the wheels insanly, then pump it up a bit and drive away. Also for things like speed bumps, etc. At first it'll just be rolling on the stock body slammed with rims, but eventually i'll get a kit and then it'll be super to have so i don't shatter it on any road. It's kind of like God hates ohio and because of that he destroys all the roads so that they are littered with pot holes...

air ride makes great racing performance quality air suspensions, which is why more and more track cars are going with air suspensions. The advantages are that the suspension can be adjusted on the fly and the bags are so strong that they are very low maintenance.

I'm not going to defend my idea all day long but i will just once so here's the deal:

I'm moving to california in a little over a year and can't bring my 240 with me b/c of emisions and b/c the turbo set up im running isn't CARB legal either. So rather than buying another little car, im thinking towards the future and want somthing bigger and lots more comfy, hence a luxury car. However, I love the VIP style they have in Japan, and here kinda. So i'm pretty much goin with that. I'm going for classy, not ghetto. I'm not going to see how big of rims I can put on it or something.

On a side bar, I thought everone on this forum would love it seeing as it has a V8 in it and all...

YEY V8!!!! lol