Security Alert

Bgbdbn

Got this email:

Dear BEN GUSSLER,

We are committed to protecting you, with the latest technology to keep your details secure, and dedicated teams to monitor online activity and intercept any suspicious actions. And we do everything we can to protect our online customers, but the steps we take can be much more effective if you work with us to protect yourself.

04/11/2006 our security system detected an unsuccessfull access attempt to your online account from Ip address 81.190.253.29 that does not correspond to your current address:

If you do not confirm your address until 04/16/2006 your account will be SUSPENDED for security reasons and we will send you an Activation Code by post which you will need to renew your online banking service access. You will receive this within seven days if your current address is not confirmed.

Sincerely,

Joe

U.S. Bancorp Security Team

Please do not reply to this customer service e-mail.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to call 1-800-USBANKS

or go to www usbank.com and select the 'Contact Us' link

I searched the I.P. and found this site.

Here is the link to some others who have recieved this email.

http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=5&showtopic=3140

Looks like another round of scams going on. Hope this helps.

i do all my banking with Chase (as well as being employed there) and i've probably gotten 10 emails in the last month that were VERY similar to this. they all went straigh to my yahoo "bulk mail" folder which is suppose to filter out spam, i read them but didn't bite.