Local taxes

JaSSon

Quick question:

State and federal are long since done, I'm just dragging my feet on Local. In 2005 I worked at 2 different jobs, both of which were located in columbus. I have lived in Dublin for all of 2005. Do I pay only Dublin taxes? Do I have to split it between Dublin and Columbus? I found out that Dublin uses Rita, and I heard that they are the devil. Neither employer took out local taxes. Yuk.

For 2004. I worked in columbus and lived in pickerington, had my taxes professionally done, and I don't recall paying columbus taxes.

well when i lived in westerville and worked in pickerington i was paying both taxes and they realized that they messed up and i got money back that i had payed in bc they were charging me both even after i worked and lived in pickerington.....it sucks either way :(

You can be charged local taxes where you live and where you work. I pay Columbus taxes and still have to pay 1% to the Village of West Jeff. Some how it's legal for the two municipalities to charge you. To me that's called taxation without representation.

Some burbs will get there $$$ from Columbus but it's up to you to find out if Dublin does that. Stillman would probably know, he lives in Dublin.

I need to find out also...im about 95% sure ive got it down...

for most of 2005, i worked in gahanna. i worked a part time job in columbus for a couple months, about 30 hours a month in columbus, and the company im with now was in gahanna but moved us to columbus december 12th or so...

im gonna try to go downtown today to get the tax form and see if i can talk to someone...

its gay

First you pay taxes to City/Municipality where you work. Then you pay taxes to the city where you live, if require. Most Municipalities where you live will give you credit for the taxes you pay to the work city. An Example: Live in Columbus (2% tax), work in Westerville (1.25% tax). Paid 1.25% to Westerville and then .75% to Columbus, total 2.0%.

Link to all Municipalities forms.

http://tax.ohio.gov/divisions/municipalities/index.stm