Wrc Bred

Nitrousbird

Saw this car yesterday. White Sti w/ the stock rice wing, stock gold rims, stock pink badging.

I must say, your exhaust is the worst sounding of any Suby I've ever heard. Usually the WRX's tend to sound slightly better than your average 4-banger. But this one takes the cake. Typical fart cannon, crooked, and some rivited on black bumper guard. Your WRX brothern are ashamed of you, I'm sure. Sure was annoying following you on 161 E yesterday.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this car yesterday. White Sti w/ the stock rice wing, stock gold rims, stock pink badging.

I must say, your exhaust is the worst sounding of any Suby I've ever heard. Usually the WRX's tend to sound slightly better than your average 4-banger. But this one takes the cake. Typical fart cannon, crooked, and some rivited on black bumper guard. Your WRX brothern are ashamed of you, I'm sure. Sure was annoying following you on 161 E yesterday.

Did the plate say "WRC Bred"? or "WRC DNA"?

Did the plate say "WRC Bred"? or "WRC DNA"?

Now that I think about it, it might have been DNA. If it's a white Sti, that's probably it. Didn't get a look at the driver, other than it was a white dude. I just noticed how aweful it sounded.

BTW all hail the 94 Formula......:rolleyes:

A car can't be all that bad when the ONLY thing you continually to point out is the pink stickers.....

Faster than your piece has ever went. I think the gold rims and riceboy wing look retarded too. :)

If it said "WRC DNA" on that plate I know that guy. He's an avid autocrosser and won the Street Modified class last year in our region of autocross. I would guess the WRX brethren are proud of him for winning a very difficult class to compete in.

If you have a fast car you take it to the drag strip where the cars ability is more important than the driver. If you are a fast driver you go to autox, where the drivers ability is more important than the car.

Since you are "nitrous bird" I am guessing that straight line racing is for you. Which means that clutch, shift, gas and keeing the car straight are the only things that concern you when "driving fast". On the same point you probably have an automatic, making it much more easy for your simple mind not to mess up.

Faster than yours. :)

You are too smart for your own good. Do you even know what heal-toe driving is? I bet you don't even know what understeer and oversteer are, let alone know what they feel like. Do you know how to transfer the weight of your car to make it more balanced through a turn. Go to a parking lot and do some doughnuts so you can feel better about being an idiot driver with a fast car.

STi excells in most every kind of racing that exists. the STi will destroy MOST cars (this being most cars on the road, not only considering fast cars here) in the 1/4 mile, 0-60, autocross, road course, and not to mention rally/offroad course with very very little modification. I'd say that the STi earns its right to have a park bench for a wing. IMO, the gold rims are A) A classy throwback and B) good looking. Besides, which of the STi and the Formula Firebird is still in production.

/biasedbenchtalk

That said, nothing feels quite like a v8 wrenching your neck into the head supports with mind-bending torque.

When did my Formula get an automatic?? Or my Moostang for that matter?? Formula has a T56 backed with a SPEC Stage 3 Carbon Clutch, Spohn 3" steel DS w/ 1350 yokes, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles & Eaton HD posi.....all of which are perfectly acceptable in drag racing/road racing/auto-x.

My Formula has seen auto-x before too.

Sounds like I stired up some pussy hurt Sti owners. Sorry you have pink badges, riceboy wings and rims stock. It's true, and is pretty impossible to deny. Sorry I pointed out that one of your buddies has a car that sounds like total crap.....I don't go around defending all the V6 F-body owners with shitty sounding exhausts (BTW, custom 3" true duals w/ bullets on the Formula = better sounding than any 4 banger).

This is funny. I am not offended. I just thought that I would take my first shot in the kitchen where as it says if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Isn't this the place to rip people for fun? I don't take any of what you said seriously because it really makes no difference to me what or how you think. In the end you and your car really mean nothing; I could really care less.

I do agree that there have been a few WRX's and STI's that have less than pleasing sound exhaust note. The ones that I don't like have a raspy sound to them, but the raspy ones that I have heard have made some pretty good AWHP numbers, but they have more than basic performance upgrades. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a nice sound for performance. Thank God mine does not sound like that, but someday it might have to.

As far as comparing a V8 sound to a H4 sound, there is no comparison and your a dumbass if you do because they are two completely different engines all together; and it has a lot to do with personal preference. As far as 4 cylinder the subaru boxer engine has the best out there in my mind. With V8 I tend to like how Ferrari's sound, but I don't see those everyday. For me a domestic V8 that I admire are GM V8s, no other V8 comes to mind that sounds better.

Your still an idiot. :D

Most turbo Subarus have unequal length headers/manifolds. This explains the usual pleasent burbly boxer sound. However if you put equal length aftermarket headers, which flow better, on them then they lose that trademark sound. It's a trade-off that I personally wouldn't take, but there are some really fast cars that do this.

This is probably what you heard Joe.

When did my Formula get an automatic?? Or my Moostang for that matter?? Formula has a T56 backed with a SPEC Stage 3 Carbon Clutch, Spohn 3" steel DS w/ 1350 yokes, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles & Eaton HD posi.....all of which are perfectly acceptable in drag racing/road racing/auto-x.

My Formula has seen auto-x before too.

Sounds like I stired up some pussy hurt Sti owners. Sorry you have pink badges, riceboy wings and rims stock. It's true, and is pretty impossible to deny. Sorry I pointed out that one of your buddies has a car that sounds like total crap.....I don't go around defending all the V6 F-body owners with shitty sounding exhausts (BTW, custom 3" true duals w/ bullets on the Formula = better sounding than any 4 banger).

here are the stock 0-60 and 1/4 times for the sti and formula.

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 5.1 13.8 vs 1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula 5.8 14.1

even with the pink badges, ricer wing, and gold rims, it has more balls than your car from the factory. so who's car has a pussy here?

(BTW, me driving a formula instead of an STI = me kicking my own ass!)

Do you even know what heal-toe driving is?

is that when you cast "heal minor wounds" on your foot because you stomped it through the floor board when the tree went green? yeah man, thats dope.

dont mind joe. hes just a playful little fishy who is all hot and bothered that he may actually get to drive his car this summer. the one good thing about the firebird is that you only have to worry about it for a few weeks, then its broken again.

hey joe, i spoke to doctor z06's interior designer, and shes says white and gold make a much more attractive pairing than do forest green and neon yellow. oh, and your wheels look like fried bologna. no cheese.

me and some friends will be cruising the hocking hills later this month. ought to be a good time. want to come chase me around? i dont even have an sti...