Wrc Bred

Nitrousbird

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen it run mid-10's either. But that motor is significantly different, and even parts the parts that were previously choking it down won't anymore.

And DJ, there isn't any yellow on my car except for the battery. :) And to those who haven't seen it run, I was at the last Norwalk day, hell, Tinman rode with me to weigh the pig.

Guest No_Speed4_You

Isn't there a limited edition debadged and dewinged version of the sti comming out soon? Thought I saw that somewhere.

Also, there's just something about the neck spraining torque of an American V8. They also sound damn good cammed.

for a second i thought this douche was talking about me ... making fun of the gold rims ... come now i didnt know the cookie-cutter rims of the TAs were any better (you know which ones im talking about, the mid 90's, weren't they on 2 or 3 model years?)

and the wing ... not a ricer mod because its a ricer mod when you have a huge wing creating downforce on the rear of a FWD car ... the STI drives it's rear wheels buddy so i would say it makes sense to have a wing there, shit the WRC car has the same wing!! (kicked out a few more inches to the rear, but roughly the same style)

and the pink badges ... the TAs are known for the friggin chicken on the hood .. come now ...

i owned an 01 ws6, those cars come rusted from the factory ... im sure ill see your ta on the side of the road one day as i go driving by ... no leaky t-tops, no oil spitting from the rear pinion seal, no rusty panels and i can roll my windows up ;)

^^^ taken from personal experience and my car was only 1 1/2 yrs old when all these things happened ... prompted me to just sell the car.

/rant

for a second i thought this douche was talking about me ... making fun of the gold rims ... come now i didnt know the cookie-cutter rims of the TAs were any better (you know which ones im talking about, the mid 90's, weren't they on 2 or 3 model years?)

and the wing ... not a ricer mod because its a ricer mod when you have a huge wing creating downforce on the rear of a FWD car ... the STI drives it's rear wheels buddy so i would say it makes sense to have a wing there, shit the WRC car has the same wing!! (kicked out a few more inches to the rear, but roughly the same style)

and the pink badges ... the TAs are known for the friggin chicken on the hood .. come now ...

i owned an 01 ws6, those cars come rusted from the factory ... im sure ill see your ta on the side of the road one day as i go driving by ... no leaky t-tops, no oil spitting from the rear pinion seal, no rusty panels and i can roll my windows up ;)

^^^ taken from personal experience and my car was only 1 1/2 yrs old when all these things happened ... prompted me to just sell the car.

/rant

Sorry if some car companies use wind tunnels and can design body styles that don't require some ugly ass wing slapped on the back of their cars. But wait, the non-Sti car's don't have it, and I don't see them flying off the roads due to not having that oh-so-needed downforce. Yeah, even the modded ones.

Did you buy a wrecked car?? My car is 12 years old, and there is not a bit of body rust anywhere on it. Hell, there isn't much to rust, the majority of the car is fiberglass. :rolleyes: There's a bit on the underbody, just superficial shit ANY car gets after years of Ohio driving. No leaky pinion seal here. My T-tops don't leak. My windows roll up (though I'll admit I do have a slow window motor on the pass side, but it's $45 and an hour to fix, no biggie). Of course you can't read and realize I don't drive a T/A either. :rolleyes:

There hasn't been a factory chicken on a Firebird since what, 1981? The bird isn't mine thing anyway....there are no bird badgings of any kind on my car.

You are correct about Ohio weather causing problems for any car. It could happen to just about anyone, especially if you do not have a garage.

Sorry if some car companies use wind tunnels and can design body styles that don't require some ugly ass wing slapped on the back of their cars. But wait, the non-Sti car's don't have it, and I don't see them flying off the roads due to not having that oh-so-needed downforce. Yeah, even the modded ones.

Do you not understand that this comes from the factory? Are you really that dense? Do you not also know the difference between a WRX and a WRX STi? Google is your friend my dumbass compatriot.

WRC does not require the greatest engineering with aerodynamics, look at them most of them if not all of them are not perfectly streamline, since real racing requires more than just straigh line speed; the race winner is dictated by the best driver that is able to master the course and race conditions. How many times have you seen a drag race or NASCAR race cancelled by precipitation. I garuntee that it is an infinitely larger amount of times than a WRC race. Other than downforce on the rear wheels the wing balances the car as it is jumping and flying through the air to keep the front end from hitting the ground first. It makes the car land more evenly and less likely to cause a reck or accident. Don't be stupid and take this to mean that everyone that has a STi is looking for hills to jump off of to see if it really works that way.

the WRC car has the same wing.

The WRX STi has been designed as a street legal version of the WRC car and has brought over aspects from that car to be incorporated and most enthuseists can appreciate that, this is where you bring in the "ricer" wing, hood scoop, pink stickers, etc. Oh and just so you know they are cherry blossum red, I put that there so you can make fun of me. There are a lot of things that have been brought over from racing that we use today and that goes for any car, which is mostly safety and suspension stuff; and not from drag racing or NASCAR, NASCAR is drag racing just for a longer period of time. Real racing like WRC, indy, cart and LeMans; something that requires more than two straights and a couple left turns. When is the last time you saw a firefly, I mean a firebird do a race other than drag racing or IROC? I cannot remember. IROC=NASCAR

The STi has been designed as a purely functional vehicle, I agree not necessarily the most astheticaly pleasing car out there, but I have one and it is definitely not for those reasons. The hood scoop guides air into the intercooler and the wing provides significant downforce to the rear wheels. This is more than you can say for the current GTO, don't get me wrong I like the new GTO's. The GTO has non-funtional air scoops and a non-functional rear spoiler. So technically it is rice from the factory. How about that GM factory rice, kind of sounds like an oxymoron. I wish it wasn't true.

When is the last time you saw a firefly, I mean a firebird do a race other than drag racing or IROC? I cannot remember. IROC=NASCAR.

I've watched them, in person, race in both World Cup GT and Trans Am. I haven't kept up with it in a couple years though, and since the cancellation of the car, I doubt they are being raced much in those series anymore.

What's interesting is the STI actually has a lower Cd then the formula.

Gotta clear up a couple misconceptions. First of all, one of the main reasons a wing is used is to produce downforce in high speed situations to increase stability. Therefore, it is perfectly acceptable for a fwd vehicle to have a functional wing wherever the fuck they wanna put it.

#2 Just becuz it comes from the factory with a wing, doesn't mean it's functional. No, I'm not refering to anyone or their car in particular.

#3 On my car, it was proven that the factory wing in the 89+Supra actually dropped the wind coeffecient on our cars to I believe .32, at least. This also proves that a functional wing can do more than just add downforce but help contour the wind so the car moves more smoothly through the pocket. Any car can benefit from this. As for the other arguments... ur mamma.