Laptop DC Jack Repair

BIG SHAFE

Well after nearly 2.5 years the pin in my DC jack snapped off. I have a new DC jack but I have no clue how to get the old one out. It doesn't appear to be soldered in (used soldering iron and nothing seemed to melt).

I've done some quick searches but have not seen anything on this particular problem, but have seen many other threads on different problems concerning Toshiba laptops.

I'll try to get some pictures up for reference soon. Has anyone done a repair like this?

The Info:

Toshiba Satellite P25-S507 (Laptop)

Thanks.

I have the entire thing apart and am looking at the connection of the current DC adapter to the motherboard. Here's what the new jack looks like http://www.computekinc.us/images/ToshibaPseries.JPG. My digi cam can't take close enough pictures of the motherboard to show the type of connection. It definitly isn't soldered in, it looks like it is somehow crimped in maybe?

I have a Toshiba Satellite a75.. you will have to take apart the whole thing to replace the jack.

There are tutorials out there, i foudn a good one, maybe they have one for your laptop. I will check.

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaP25/SatelliteP25_1.htm

This website is fantastic. You can click on each picture to get a MUCH better view of what you need to od.

It helped me to elarn how to take aprt my laptop and put it back together. just remember if you are going to brave this, LABEL YOUR WIRES THE FIRST TIME!!

I knew where all teh wires went, but couldnt remember on the wireless which was the auxillary wire and which was the main wire.

I have taken it apart already, but do not know how to get the DC jack off of the motherboard. I'll try and put up some pictures tonight if my internet connection is back up.

REPEAT: It is all apart, but I do not know how to remove jack from motherboard! :D