oil pan gasket replacing

wnaplay1647545503

Well I need to replace the oil pan gasket on my 95 e150. I know I need to raise the engine but does anyone know how much and wether I can just hook the hoist to the engine and remove the bolts from the mounts and get enough room to get the pan off. I would rather not disconnect anything if I dont have to. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest Removed
I ve seen people just pull the pan down some, pull the old one out slip the new one in and be done!!!Pop the nut's off the motor mount's and lift the motor up some, helps alot ;)

Guest Removed
I was a little leary when he sayed to tuck it under the pump. It will get oil on it and could possible rip. Does he have a lift or a garage or what?

Ive seen poeple do it this way (Ford tech's :rolleyes: ), I dont do it that way..I like taking the hole pan off, to get everything clean, in order to seal it up good!

I wish i had a lift in the garage but i dont... Ive been working in my garage, or my other garge(It has the big compressor, ) Everyone keep's pushing me to open my own shop, Im still kicking ideas around!!

I figure, cut you a deal, and get some work going, till I find another shop to work at!

Guest Removed
How long do you presume this would take? Where exactly would you do it at? And who else can vouche for robs work? No offense rob but I always check out the people I have do work for me.

I garage i'll do it in is where two cars sit that i have allready built!

check my trader rating for other's.pm me for phone #'s for refernce's if needed! ;)