Turbo Dodge

Comebackkid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basically, yea. if you ever wanna make REAL power out of a factory turbo dodge, then your only option is a truck.

STFU! Sure a dodge truck can pump out 1000LBFT of torque, WHO CARES!

1. Your talking about diesel trucks, not a 4cyl car like what he's asking about.

2. The truck MIGHT get 7 or 8 miles to the gallon compared to the 30MPG out of the 4cyl. that still making great power.

3. The truck that makes 1000lbft. of torque is going to cost what about $25,000 more than the cars.

1. Your talking about diesel trucks, not a 4cyl car like what he's asking about.

2. The truck MIGHT get 7 or 8 miles to the gallon compared to the 30MPG out of the 4cyl. that still making great power.

3. The truck that makes 1000lbft. of torque is going to cost what about $25,000 more than the cars.

My thoughts exactly....

Whoa calm down, no need to get all angry over a turbo dodge discussion. You make valid point's on 1 and possibly 3. but with today's tuning technology on the turbodiesel market it's easy to get 20-25mpg out of a truck that can ALSO turn 1000lb/ft of torque, of course neither of these will occur on the same tune. Oh and on your 3rd point, a good used turbodiesel ram can be had for under 10,000, add 5,000 for mods and your easily making 800hp - 1000lb/ft torque.

Whoa calm down' date=' no need to get all angry over a turbo dodge discussion. You make valid point's on 1 and possibly 3. but with today's tuning technology on the turbodiesel market it's easy to get 20-25mpg out of a truck that can ALSO turn 1000lb/ft of torque, of course neither of these will occur on the same tune. Oh and on your 3rd point, a good used turbodiesel ram can be had for under 10,000, add 5,000 for mods and your easily making 800hp - 1000lb/ft torque.[/quote']

:D:D:D:D:D

sorry about that, I was having a rough morning and when I read that I just snapped for some reason.

Also thank's for correcting my third point for me. ;)

haha, he said 275-300hp. that's NOT fast. sorry, but if you are happy that you are making stock numbers for other 4 cylinder cars then you are out of it. put down 400hp and then i'd consider it a nice car. also, with '96 dodge ram diesels they are mechanical 12 valve motors. THE best setup. 20+mpg on exact same setup that put down 650+hp/1400lb/ft. no tuning changes whatsoever. srt4 would be the only other dodge turbo worth a darn. ANY of the earlier cars are junk. glh maybe, but it's suck a pos i could care less if it makes a ton of power. i did the whole "sleeper" thing for a few years. FYI, sleeper=pos. sure it runs 12's or 11's, but if it looks like it's gonna fall apart from rust, then it's still a pos. same thing if it's all kitted out and makes 150hp, still a pos. gotta have the whole package.

well give me intell next you and i will hurt your feelings WITH MY 4 4CYL BUDDY but my glhs is not no joke yes it might be stock but its still nasty for what it is.hate to sould like a dick head but dont tell me my turbo dodge is a pos regardless what year it .sorry about doulble post my internet is junk

haha, he said 275-300hp. that's NOT fast. sorry, but if you are happy that you are making stock numbers for other 4 cylinder cars then you are out of it. put down 400hp and then i'd consider it a nice car. also, with '96 dodge ram diesels they are mechanical 12 valve motors. THE best setup. 20+mpg on exact same setup that put down 650+hp/1400lb/ft. no tuning changes whatsoever. srt4 would be the only other dodge turbo worth a darn. ANY of the earlier cars are junk. glh maybe, but it's suck a pos i could care less if it makes a ton of power. i did the whole "sleeper" thing for a few years. FYI, sleeper=pos. sure it runs 12's or 11's, but if it looks like it's gonna fall apart from rust, then it's still a pos. same thing if it's all kitted out and makes 150hp, still a pos. gotta have the whole package.

sorry but 400+hp is not a hard mark to hit in these cars he said he had the s60 set up, that is just the beginner set up that you could buy over the counter from dodge.And most of the faster dodges don't look like they are about to fall apart. Are there faster cars out there?yes But is this a good cheep platform to go decent fast and have alot of fun? yes True it is not as cheap and or as fast as a bike but we can drive it to work and in the rain as well.