I-270/Gahanna

Guest 78novaman

Guest 78novaman

I270-Gahanna

Gahanna got some new cruisers over the winter and they have gone beserk on pulling people over for speeding through thier 1.5mi section of 270. I drive up Morrison Rd a lot(runs along 270 from Broad to Hamilton) and see someone busted almost every time.

FYI the new cruisers are classic Black/White cop color scheme. They still have a lot of the old white ones in service so watch for both.

I got pulled over yesterday for cutting through a speedway and the cop gave me a 97 dollar ticket.Yeah...I'm gonna fight it,b/c I even asked the cop...what happens if you pull into the gas station and then realize that you dont' have enough time to wait to pump your gas so you immiately pull out,IS that illegal?Also the cop told me that the bengals plastic frame around my license plate was obstructing my license so I needed to get that removed. Ok,I bought it at the BMV in gahanna......SO yeah!

but anyways.....I'm fightin this one in court

this pisses me off because legally GPD is not allowed to run speed traps on the freeway. IIRC, the only way they can pull someone over is if they are using the freeway to get from one point in gahanna to another (ie, hamilton rd to the johnstown rd exit) and observe someone breaking the law.

this pisses me off because legally GPD is not allowed to run speed traps on the freeway. IIRC, the only way they can pull someone over is if they are using the freeway to get from one point in gahanna to another (ie, hamilton rd to the johnstown rd exit) and observe someone breaking the law.

Tell that to the fuckers up in Linndale. Their measely 300some yard length of I-71 near Cleveland doen't have a single exit in their piddly ass town, yet they write more speeding tickets than anyone else in the state for that length of freeway.