Attn 300Z folks

Guest Ponyfreak

Guest Ponyfreak
I am looking for some info on the achievable power of a 300Z with a stock turbo. How much CFM will the stock turbine flow? What are the specs of the turbo? post here or IM me at ponyfreak100 Thanks!

Guest powers

Here is the only compressor map I can find for the smaller .45 trim t25

http://img278.imageshack.us/my.php?image=t2545trim6ok.gif

And here is one for the .60 for comparison

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/7339/t02560trim8xr.jpg

The DSM community sees around 220-250 whp on a 2.0 motor at the top of the turbo's efficiency range. The 300z community sees around 400whp at 17-19 psi with a pair of them on a 3.0 motor.

Actually the stock Z32 turbos are TB02/22, smaller then any T25. Here are the measurements.

Comp:

40mm minor

51mm major

62 trim

Ex:

39mm minor

47mm major

69 trim

I don’t remember the exact max flow rating, pretty sure it’s in the mid 300 cfm range though. 380+rwhp is pretty easy to get with minimal mods on a Z32. I think my numbers were 370rwhp and 400rwtq with only an intake, cat back, ecu reprogram and mbc back in the day. Quite a few have gotten low 400 rwhp with them, but they are pretty much done past that. We probably have half a dozen stockers sitting on a shelf down at the shop.

I don’t remember the exact max flow rating, pretty sure it’s in the mid 300 cfm range though. 380+rwhp is pretty easy to get with minimal mods on a Z32. I think my numbers were 370rwhp and 400rwtq with only an intake, cat back, ecu reprogram and mbc back in the day. Quite a few have gotten low 400 rwhp with them, but they are pretty much done past that. We probably have half a dozen stockers sitting on a shelf down at the shop.

Can a stock block handle 400rwhp? or are you saying your at the turbo's limit at that point, not the engine's limit?

Can a stock block handle 400rwhp? or are you saying your at the turbo's limit at that point' date=' not the engine's limit?[/quote']

The stock turbos are at their limit at 380-400hp. Stock engines usually start running into reliablility problems above 550whp, at that point the stock cast pistons give way.