Opinions/land mines needed.. what to do about stray cats?

SlowZ06

Have you called the Franklin County Animal Services as I posted?

We did that first. They only deal with stray dogs, they referred us to the capital area humane society... who won't come and get them, but will take them if I bring them in. They normally have a 30 day waiting list to surrender a cat, but there is currently no wait.

Guest Removed

Animal services will come out and set up live traps for you...

I think the max is 3 traps, and i think its up to you to check the traps and then call them to empty them! but not sure, its been a long time since i have had to do it...

Guest Removed
Savanna Cats are real. But can I interest you in this?

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/photos/photo04/f2/ba/d2b3344587b9.jpg

He's my dog and he's really bored here, so far. He hates cats... alot. I believe this is due to my old Persian cat who would go out of his way to be an absolute ass to him.

Seriously though, if you don't want to harm them (I wouldn't either, it's not their fault), Spray at least your yard borders with Re-pel, anise oil or Eucalyptus oil. The smell will usually drive them away. You can place pieces of cardboard with Tanglefoot applied. Cats step in it once and leave quickly! Get a scarecrow impact sprinkler that is motion controlled. It comes on loudly, runs for about 10 seconds in an arc and scares the cats away. These are the best suggestions I have at this hour.

She likes the dog, but if the dog dont like cats.. I cant have it :(

We have 3 cats... it's the cat's THAT LIVE UNDER MY BACK PORCH, that are pissing me off, to get a savanna cat, plus I think i could get one to guard the house :) (dont ask, Are new kitten, I have taught to play fetch, i think he thinks he's a dog) :confused:

Dogs are ill equiped to deal with cats, generaly. Dogs use thire mouth, cats have a mouth and 4 sets of sharp claws. You dog could kill a cat, but he'd get majorly fucked up in the process. Maybe loose an eye or get a fatal infection. Cat vs cat is how god intended...er, big cat vs little cat. :D