So they do make that corvette in a convertible ...

chrismindless

That's just ridiculous. I've always defended American cars and have tried to have faith in them. But shit like that... :nono: This year, my best friend and I went to the Houston Auto Show (Save your money :bs: ) and we went all around and sat in the new cars, import and domestic, and after a bit I had to give up even trying to defend them (domestics). The quality was terrible. And it wasn't becuz these cars were show cars. Most of the cars were for sell right there. The quality, crafstmanship, fit&finish, materials... they were all sub-par. I may drive a Toyota now, but I'm worried American manufacturers are falling too far behind. I do still have some pride in my country!

Guest mudbutt

I think 1 thing the guys on the forum is correct. Every manufacturer has it's issues. Atleast GM is making right with a recall. Christian, you of all people should know about toyota's absolute denial of a HG problem on the 7m engines, when it has been proven time and time again that the stupid low torque spec is the main killer on all stock motors. Not saying they should do anything about it now on a 15 year old car but Im just stating any manufacturer has issues.

I do agree on the fit and finish on most american cars is booty. Automotive unions time has come and gone. Soon enough more parts of big 3 vehicles will be made overseas. At that point Ill be too worried about the US economy to care about the upgrade or downgrade in quality.

Yea, I know all manu's have issues. But the quality of materials and fit/finish is hard to deny. I expect that when I buy a Kia not a Caddy. I'll admit the differences won't even be noticed by the majority of buyers but only because they don't know any better. I feel America is cutting too many corners on their products and it hurts my pride not to mention, insulted. Getting pretty woried about the US economy myself in the next decade...