Autocross Apr. 29-30

Dr. Apex

There's autocross this weekend again both days at the OSU lot. The lot is at the corner of Ackerman rd and 315, you can't miss it.

I won't be out saturday as I'm having my new seat installed but will be out racing on sunday.

Don't waste your money on 1 run at trails or paying $10 to watch others race, you can ride along for free here and we don't get cancelled because of a little water on the ground.

I didn't get to go myself, busy getting my seat installed. I'll be there tomorrow for sure, Stealthdude, if you plan on racing you need to be there at 730am. Come find me if you need help getting registered and whatnot.

im going for sure sunday........ but the website does not tell dick about where it is or what time tech is etc. so we need to be there by 730? when is the first car off? do you have an address i can mapquest. hopefully i get a response tonight .......... message me at chief8one on aim if you want....

im sure ill be the only pos green duster there lmao oh well

im going for sure sunday........ but the website does not tell dick about where it is or what time tech is etc. so we need to be there by 730? when is the first car off? do you have an address i can mapquest. hopefully i get a response tonight .......... message me at chief8one on aim if you want....

im sure ill be the only pos green duster there lmao oh well

Sorry I didn't get your post sooner. Glad to see you made it out there, you did really well in the Duster. What was your best time today? Last I saw you were only a few tenths behind me.

I tried my best to beat the crx in my class, but he got me by 4/10's on the last lap so I settle for 2nd place. Regardless it was a blast and I'm glad I'm now competitive in my class. The car handled perfectly with little understeer and oversteer was manageable.

I can't wait for the next event!! :burn:

I was the fat kid with Craig Butt and his son running the purple and silver Formula Ford open wheel car, and I saw you this weekend but I didnt get a chance to say hi. You had some sweet runs though. I was there both days though. Craig was instructing on Saturday also.

I was the fat kid with Craig Butt and his son running the purple and silver Formula Ford open wheel car, and I saw you this weekend but I didnt get a chance to say hi. You had some sweet runs though.

Thanx, it was a great course and it seemed perfect for my car as I was able to make some very good runs. I've just about figured out how to drive fast on the R compounds now and the V710's get stickier each race.

They didnt make me sign the minor waiver on my when in, and when I told Mr. Butt about it, he said "Ok. Its not the SCCA I am afraid of, its your mother."

I was laughing about that the rest of the day. I did have a lot fun though, aside from the fact that I was mostly working on that Formula Ford car because we had 2 drivers, and had to keep adjusting the seats and belts and keeping the car cool between heats.

The clock must of been stuck on a faster time then my actual time when i wrote it down. My best of the day i believe was 49.4xxx rather than the 47.6 i thought i ran, but id say not too shabby for a relative stock car with Hoosiers. So in the end, you dont have to worry about me catching you anytime soon lol.

All in all it was a good time, rather long day for only 4 runs though i must admit. i thought the 35 dollar entrance fee was rather steep as well. But, it was nice to actually go against drivers and cars that were quick and race on a larger, faster course unlike the rather slow technical tracks im use to.

On a side note if anyone wants to make some mansfield autocrosses let me know. they are rather small events (30-40 cars unlike the columbus event of 137) which makes for more runs per person and being only 25 bucks its a real bargain for those on a budget. Being a small club we also average around 6-8 runs per car rather than the 4 on this past sunday.

good job ben btw!

P.s.

5 bucks to anyone who has a picture of the Green duster drifting......

The clock must of been stuck on a faster time then my actual time when i wrote it down. My best of the day i believe was 49.4xxx rather than the 47.6 i thought i ran, but id say not too shabby for a relative stock car with Hoosiers. So in the end, you dont have to worry about me catching you anytime soon lol.

All in all it was a good time, rather long day for only 4 runs though i must admit. i thought the 35 dollar entrance fee was rather steep as well. But, it was nice to actually go against drivers and cars that were quick and race on a larger, faster course unlike the rather slow technical tracks im use to.

On a side note if anyone wants to make some mansfield autocrosses let me know. they are rather small events (30-40 cars unlike the columbus event of 137) which makes for more runs per person and being only 25 bucks its a real bargain for those on a budget. Being a small club we also average around 6-8 runs per car rather than the 4 on this past sunday.

good job ben btw!

P.s.

A 49 sec lap time is still good considering the car. The pics should be up soon, usually by thur-fri. I might make a trip to mansfield, though it's a bit if a haul for me with all my gear. Who's holding the autocross up there? I know it's not SCCA.

Mansfield, Ohio

Welcome to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Club webpage. We are an independent sports car club located in Mansfield, Ohio. Our General Membership meeting is held the first Wednesday of each month at the Elk's Lodge in Lexington, Ohio on St. Rt. 42. Meetings begin at 8:00pm. Guests are welcomed.

this is right off the home page.... below is a link to the event dates.

http://moscc.freeservers.com/whats_new.html.

good job ben btw!

P.s.

i was working 3rd corner 2nd heat and i watched you, you missed a cone gate every time you went around, witch is relly a DNF but i guess the wrote it off as just missing a cone. anyway you did drive your car very well.

i was working 3rd corner 2nd heat and i watched you, you missed a cone gate every time you went around, witch is relly a DNF but i guess the wrote it off as just missing a cone. anyway you did drive your car very well.

hmm, well i wish someone would of told me that. I had absolutly no idea, I was wondering why I heard the anouncer say DNF one time........ oh well, are the pics up? I'll be there on the 14th, unless i decide to do mansfields autocross instead.