Tatoo's...

HotCarl

So i've been thinking about it and i finally decided what i want. However It need's to be VERY detailed and somewhat small (at first). I know absolutly nothing about tatoo's and honestly im not even sure if what im asking for is even possible.

I'd like to get a tatoo of my father's wedding ring on my ring finger. The ring is an irish collata ring, it's a fairly well known design of two hands holding a heart. The big question is, is it possible to get alot of detail on something that small? This is just the first of two i am contemplating but im almost dead set on getting this.

So if anyone knows anything about tatoo's let me know what you think. or if you can recommend a good artist that i may be able to talk to let me know, thanks.

Dale at Bootleg Tattoo in Whitehall.

This was a big question a few weeks ago, and Ironray75 ended up going there. He didn't regret it, the work kicks ass, and CR Members get a discount :)

Thanks i appreciate the recommendation. i may just call him up or go there and ask him about what i want. I really want to stay with the same artist for everything i get done so someone somewhat local would be needed.

Guest bigb
Do u know if the guy does touch ups??? I just got a tatoo while I was home to see my family for Easter....Toledo (and don't want to go back for a while). I got it right above my tailbone. It was pretty large and detailed with alot of color. I couldn't stand the pain anymore (after an hour and a half) and he had to stop. Anyhoo my whole point is will the guy touch up somebody else's work?

Yes Bootleg does touch ups. And there work is guarenteed for life. So if you need a touch up or it needs to be recolored in a few years, just stop in. And on the ring tatoo, it is more than likely going to fade a lot because the hand replaces the skin a lot faster than the rest of your body. So you want to make sure you do go to a good place like Bootleg so you can get touch ups every few years.

Do u know if the guy does touch ups??? I just got a tatoo while I was home to see my family for Easter....Toledo (and don't want to go back for a while). I got it right above my tailbone. It was pretty large and detailed with alot of color. I couldn't stand the pain anymore (after an hour and a half) and he had to stop. Anyhoo my whole point is will the guy touch up somebody else's work?

Where at in Toledo? Are you from there?

collata

let me help you out, man...

1 entry found for claddagh.

clad·dagh ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kläd)

n.

A ring with a raised design of two hands clasping a crowned heart, usually given as a token of love or friendship.

let me help you out, man...

1 entry found for claddagh.

clad·dagh ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kläd)

n.

A ring with a raised design of two hands clasping a crowned heart, usually given as a token of love or friendship.

Thanks for the help.

Guest bigb
Where at in Toledo? Are you from there?

I am actually from a little town east of Toledo called Genoa. I was just there to see the newest additions to my family (my 2 month old niece). I live in Reynoldsburg now (until I'm done with grad school)...then off to were u can ride all year long. Anyhoo my brother's in the millitary and was in Toledo for Resurrection Sunday. Him and his wife went to get tatoos and drug me along. Of course I went first...OUCH!!! This one hurt worse that the last one 12 years ago. R U from the Toledo area too? Sorry about your luck if u r.