Autox this weekend

Dr. Apex

Damn good job today Craig. I had fun despite the rain during my heat. I got 1st place in my class and the rain by the 2-3 lap assured me my win as neither the crx or I could come close to our first laps time. I was really impressed the slicks held on well until the course got really covered in water, then I couldn't hardly even steer.

Next event is in 2 weeks at the Ackerman lot.

Thanks, and congratulations on your win. It was still a lot of fun even in the rain. I plan on trying to get to as many events as I can this year, hoping to get better.

im down for that in 2 weeks. do you have to have a helmet??

I have a spare helmet I let passengers and friends use, prolly little better than their helmets and it will probably fit you as it fits my big head.

Megaman: I think you gave me the thumbs-up for that nice spin didnt you? I couldn't remember which lap it was on. What are you getting for an autox car??

Let's hope for the dry next event as I enjoy running on my slicks a lot more, though I enjoy the challenge of driving in the rain.

yeah lol. I am looking at an 85 GTi as my first Auto-X car

oh and I want to ride with you next time :)

Just catch me in the grid at the next event if your not working that heat. Your going to be 3 wheelin all over the place with that car!!

my firend will let me borrow his helmet, but id like to take my wife on a afew runs, so i may need to borrow one for her.

what kind of class would i be in. id really like to get into this

If your car is completely stock you will be in F-stock. Depending on mods other likely classes for you are E Street Prepared, or Street Modified maybe.

right now i have springs.. thats it.

if i like it out there, an dwan tto pursue more

its a v6 auto. so its slow as balls.

but with the springs it handles nice, and since its a vert it came stock wiht full length subframe connectors, and k member brace, and heavier sway bars.

like i said if i like it, i would definately do, adjustable shocks, struts, bump steer kit, upper and lowerr adjustable control arms, pan hard bar, 13" big brake kit, front and rear strut bars, and upgrade to some bigger sway bars.

what class would i be in as i set now.. and what would i be in after doing those mods.

and hwo would i fair with this ca rin the classes i will be in considering im an intermediate driver.

Guest TRDtuner
Ahhh Maaaan!!!!!....Id like to go again these weekend...But the LaMans race is calling me at Mid Ohio :).......Is autox at Cooper next weekend? I definitly want to try and get back out there as soon as possible.....Good luck out there this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...