Cobra Owners come on in!

l36tols1

I friend of mine is in the market for a mid 90's Cobra not sure the exact year. But what should he look out for? what are common problems. This will be his weekend cruiser with a little fun when provoked. I'm begging him to look at the 03-04's but he likes the 90's style better. :confused:

It's a 93 he actually already bought it. We raced last night. need I tell you the outcome? LOL oh yeah and the fucker just sold his syclone a couple weeks ago! :mad: He knew I wouldn't him to wait till I sold the sixer so I could buy it.. he sold it for 4,500 with 50K on the clock! yeah maybe I do need to re think this friend thing..lol

Guest powers

01 has a different front bumper, hood, side skirts, and rear bumper. The 03 has an iron block with manly H beams rods and 4032 forged pistons. the 01 uses the same crank but comes with powder cast rods and hyerutectic pistons. 01's come with an aluminum block that it backed by the t3650 5 spedd trans. the 03 cobra came with a t56 6 speed trans. Both had independant rear suspensions with 31 spline axles, but the 03 came with carbon friction disks in the diff which is the same other than that. 01's came with motorsport shocks and 03's came with bilstein shocks. As far as the interior the guage cluster and backlighting is different. The seats are also different.

Oh and the obvious heaton blower.

Oh and the obvious heaton blower.

Yeah can't forget that! That is about the only thing that would make me want to get a Mustang built after 95. Although the new 05+ don't look too bad either and the new "Shelby" is supposed to be pretty bad ass in itslef too.

I like my 99 Cobra.. Even though they were kinda considered the bad Cobras.. I say go for a 93 Cobra..

I had a 99 Cobra and loved it. I would also get the 93 Cobra if I was in the market for an early 90's Cobra.

03-04 cobras had 3.55 gears where the 99-01's had 3.27s. also the 93 cobra is a classic and I would luv to have one. second choice would be a 98 cobra. I like the styling better than the new ones. I hate the '05 and newer. although the mod motors' pistons are very weak when used with a power adder. it just all depends on how much money u want to spend and how fast u want to go.

they all have their ups. a mach feels more liek a 5.0 with torque down low, but it just happens to keep climbing. its very predictable power. the o3-04 have just a tiny bit of "lag" then the wheels start to spin like crazy. i think the 93 was only 235 hp(?) with 285-300 tq(?) but you know the aftermarket is there. i always see 94-98 cobras for less money than the 93s go for. 99-01 cobras also have round fogs as well as 03-04. 99 has no "suede" seat inserts. 96-some 99 aluminum blocks are the strongest for high hp, 03-04 easiest to make power. i was thinkign the rear was also heavier duty in the 03-04 with better shafts(?)

i think its easy and cheaper to convert a gt or lx into a cobra clone for the fox body, since the engine sint entirely different.