Cobra Owners come on in!

l36tols1

It's a beautiful thing guys. I've gotten most everything I want done to this motor, if I can just finish the head work and find a cheap bottle I'm aiming for some real high hp. 20 years old and 600+ hp is going to be one hell of a good time.

03-04 cobras had 3.55 gears where the 99-01's had 3.27s.

Kind of forgot the big difference maker - the supercharger on the 03/04.

also the 93 cobra is a classic and I would luv to have one.

+1 - I've seen people asking 10,000+ for a 93 Cobra.

Something about the snake badge on a Fox mustang...

99-01 cobras also have round fogs as well as 03-04.

All Cobra's had the round fogs. That was the biggest difference from the front that was noticable.

Easiest things to see from the different years.

93 (4993 built)- Wing, sides skirts, grill, wheels, taillights (similar to SVO) and bumper. Colors- Teal, Red, Black. Also first year of Cobra R (107 built) which had minor differences like wheels, no A/C or radio, etc...

94-95 (11,267 built)- Front bumper, wing (similar to Cobra R), wheels, brakes, white gauges and 94 had different side skirts (rock deflector). Also only two years of "stock GT" hood, 5.0L motor on the SN-95 chassis and "MUSTANG" in the rear bumper. Colors- Rio Red, Black, White. First year of the convertible Cobra 94 which was the Indy Pace Car only available in Rio Red. 95 was only available in Black. 95 was also the second offering of the COBRA R in White which had different wheels, 351, V-6 interior, etc....

96-98- Same front bumper (since 94), twin-nostril hood scoops, wheels, brakes, white gauges, also had a regular GT wing and rear bumper said "COBRA." The beginning of the 305HP 4-valve mod motors... 96 had a small difference on the leather seats also. 98 was only year of 5-spoke wheels, different console, no strut-tower bar, no secondary throttle bodies, no more coil packs, etc... Colors 96- Mystic, Black, White, Laser Red. 97- Rio Red, Black, White, Pacific Green. 98- Black, White, Laser Red, Bright Atlantic Blue and Chrome Yellow.

99- front bumper, reverse cowl hood, brakes, wheels, tail-lights and first year of IRS. 99 had regular GT rear bumper that said "MUSTANG", same wing and side skirts as GT. HP bump to 320 but was later recalled for weak numbers... Colors- Black, White, Electric Green and Rio Red.

00- Only Cobra's made that year were COBRA R's! As most everyone knows lots....different. Front splitter, wheels, suspension, wing, RECARO seats, 6-speed, 5.4 4-valve, etc....etc.... Color- Performance Red

01- Cobra's were back with the much needed missing HP/TQ. Things different from 99 (rear wing, seats and finally said "COBRA" again in the rear bumper). Colors- Black, White, Lazer Red, Silver, Mineral Grey, True Blue, Zinc Yellow and Performance Red.

02- NO COBRA's produced.

03-04- (Differences from 99/01). Front bumper, hood, wing, side skirts, wheels 17X9, rear bumper, tail-lights, 6-speed, Eaton blower, seats, gauges, etc.... Colors 03- Dark Shadow Grey, Silver, Redfire, Torch Red, White, Zinc Yellow, Sonic Blue and Mineral Grey. 04- MysticChrome, Competition Orange and Screaming Yellow replaced a couple of the 03 colors.

Lots of mechanical changes between the different years but those are the easiest things to see from the outside.... ;)

LOL oh yeah and the fucker just sold his syclone a couple weeks ago! :mad: He knew I wouldn't him to wait till I sold the sixer so I could buy it.. he sold it for 4,500 with 50K on the clock!

Ummm, yeah, had I seen that deal for a Sy, I would have easily have come up with the cash (assuming the truck wasn't beaten up). That's one hell of a deal for a Sy.

the truck was in good shape I wanted it trust me he got cussed up to this very day! and thanks guy for all the Cobra info.. it was mostly for a racing stand point so I'll know what I'm getting myself in..lol

The syclone? it as bone dry stock!! and I'm pissed because he would have easily got 9K out of it..

yeah I already raced the 93 cobra he has alot of catching up to do. but I will say this it sounded nice losing though the prev. owner put what else? a flowmaster exhaust system on it. Come the summertime I plan on having a high 11 sec. capable! daily driven car.