Need a DC motor rebuilt

MrMeanGreen

The cooling fan in the Formula took a dump last week. I know from experience it has shorted windings.

Zirgo has a lifetime warranty on them, but since I don't have the original receipt, they won't warranty it out. However, they've been cool as fuck and sold me their upgraded version (http://www.thehoffmangroup.com:16080/Autoloc/detail.lasso?itemid=ZFB16S flows 3000 CFM) due to the problem, and knocked the price down from $125 to $40. I'm happy and their customer service kicks ass.

So that will be here next week. However, I've heard that theirs a local place or places that can rebuild DC motors for inexpensive around here. I figured I'd have it rebuilt and throw it on Ebay.

Any one have an idea? Thanks :)

Eli's right. Unless it's at least a couple horse, you'll get more for it as scrap than you will after sale-repair. You could list it as "In need of repair", or see if a motor shop will buy it off you if they need one, but odds are it's smeltfodder.