93 Geo Metro 5 speed.

Guest Mushijobah

Guest Mushijobah

Hey guys....I'm selling my little lady bug!! :cry:

Anyways.

It has 126k on it. It recieved a major engine re-fab in september. New ignition system, new battery, new alternator. It now runs so sexy, I like! It is red and has obvious dings and a little rust just because a Geo wouldn't be a Geo without them. The engine runs like it was brand new...nuff said. The transmission does a funny thing, it will not shift into 2nd normally when rolling, I believe it is a synchro problem. This shouldn't worry you though! I have driven 10k with this "problem" and have found a very simple way around it (just ask BuckeyeGT, he loves it). I will teach you this technique free of charge on your test drive! If this problem scares you, I know where you can get a used 30 dollar manual tranny for it (ranging from 18k-60k on trannys). The interior looks like it is from a much newer car, no major flaws, no stained carpets. This lady bug does not leak or burn oil, and I have changed the oil 4 times with mobil 1 synthetic! The oil is honey colored coming from the dipstick, clean & delicious! I have also installed front brake pads, and brake lines. The rear drums will need serviced. Now to the best part.

My little lady bug gets 46/49 MPG!!!!! If you think I am BS'ing you, check

http://auto.consumerguide.com/

It is under specs & safety. Here is the direct link.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2164/act/usedcarreviewspecs/

Let me give you a little scenario:

You want a beater...You are looking at a....lets say....1995-2005 chevy cavalier...nice car, and GREAT on gas, right?! Wrong. The car is nice, but are you actually saving that much money compared to your mustang? Hell no. It's best MPG out of it's smallest engine with a 5 speed is 25/37 (31 avg).

If you drove 10,000 miles a year, and gas was at 2.69 (will go up again soon, just wait) your annual gas spendings would be $868. If you bought my car, you would be paying $556 a year. That is just plain sexy. I will post pics thurs.

1,100 as is OBO. Will also consider trade or partial trade on a small truck.

Kyle

Guest Mushijobah
This is very true. I hoped to avoid the ebay headache and sell it to someone local, but if it comes to ebay...let it be.

Guest HyperBurn
Where are you at?? I'd like to look at it. I need a good car for gas, Just bought a house in Mt. Vernon and am looking for a car to get me to Columbus from there cheap.

Guest Mushijobah
I am currently in Mansfield and the car is in Bexley. I will be in Bexley this thurs, fri. I will also be there when I am home from school (June 6th). I can show you the car anytime on those dates. I forgot to mention the vast majority of the miles I put on the car were commuting from Mansfield to Columbus and back. It did this trip like a champ. I would also like to mention that servicing this vehicle is a cake walk. Putting an alternator on took less than an hour. Even better is the smallness and simplicity of each part makes it SO cheap. For example, Rotors are $11. The Alternator was $111 NEW. Tires cost me $24 a piece.....Just ridiculously cheap.

Just as a gauge here, I've owned two of these cars, a hatchback, and a convertible. Paid $500 for the hatchback, which you can ask Rolla all about what shape THAT body was in before I took it to him, and $300 for the convertible, which needed a new cylinder head along with a bunch of little related parts for the repair. both cars ran like fuckin champs, and $1100 is not bad for a 5-speed, in GOOD shape.

If you have trouble selling it here, try posting it on teamswift.net. :) By the way, is this a 3-door, 5-door, or convertible you are selling? You also might want to add the condition of the undercarriage. These cars are notorious for having the points where the control arms bolt to the body rusting out and breaking off eventually.

Guest Mushijobah
I have tried team swift. It seems geo lovers are too lazy to travel over 100 miles for their little peanut...I don't blame them. The undercarrage has some rust, but is in not way rusted out or almost rusted out. The exterior is a little beat up as I said, but nothing to effect the driveablity. The interior and engine are it's strongpoints. OBO.

I can't blame them either. I drove the hatchback I had from here to New York and back with a burned out exhaust valve on cylinder #2. 55MPH top speed like that uphill, in a 3-speed automatic. :) Is the rust at the point where the control arms mount, or is it somewhere else?

Guest Mushijobah

The AC compressor is locked up. 50 bucks from junk yard, 125 new on ebay. Sorry about the pics, been busy taking finals. Will get them up asap....Nothing too special about the car....Clean clean interior, few rust spots on outside. Looks clean overall.

OBO, make an offer.