No Pre-owned Ps3 Stuff!!

morabu

i posted on this already about 6 months ago and NO-ONE believed anything about it

well........here it is AGAIN, from a more reputable source

and if you read carefully, directly from sony's mouth at E3!!!

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2512

i hope it's wrong, but if not.......not only will sony lose this generation console war, they might lose soo badly there done for good in games!!!

[uPDATE] While US Sony reps think the best way to deal with gossip is silence, Sony Europe spokespersons have apparently decided to put this particular rumor to rest. According to the London Guardian's

tech blog, SCEE PR manger Jennie Kong blasted the rumor as " false speculation." "PlayStation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console," she told the Guardian. [Thanks Lefein and stoner02]

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=23921409

at 599$ it should come with 6 games damn

I will keep my 360 and get a Wii ps3 can suck it

when the European rep said "not limited to one console, playable on any!" that doesn't mean you can sell it or trade, they could very well make you sign in over the internet ala STEAM to play the games, which would still aloow you to play on anyone's machine.....but still not sell it

individual serial numbers embedded into the disc itself, could make it to when you buy the game and run it the first time it links the discs specific serial to your account....allowing you to play anywhere, just not to resell it or let anyone borrow it!!

Console modders will have that problem solved in 6 months after the release anyway.

And if these damn consoles dont get any cheaper, I will have to buy a Wii (as much as I want a PS3 for games like MGS4)

Guest fixerupper
Eh, it's not gonna happen. Near as I can see it'll turn into a PC serial key thing. But I don't care Sony has never been up on my list except for their personal electronics. I'll have a 360, Wii (still gonna call it a Revolution), and PC. Sony can blow me 'til a couple years down the road when the price drop hits.

I'd rather just drop the half grand back into my computer, still bigger and better then any console.

quoted FTW

Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4800+

4gig DDR dual channel ram

2 nVidia 7900GT in SLI

Nearly a terrabyte of SATA HD storage

2 DVDs, one a lightscribe burner.

3 21" monitors in wrap-around.

...oh, and a MOUSE AND KEYBOARD.

Suck it, consoles.

quoted FTW

Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4800+

4gig DDR dual channel ram