car dies at idle, cruises funny, etc..

damonzex

ok, so since I have aquired my cobra it seems to have a few problems:

1. The most noticable problem is that it just dies at idle. It does this fairly often, maybe about 25% of every time i stop.

2. The next most noticable problem is when im cruising at around 40 (in 4th), it will jump back and forth. The best way i can describe it is if someone was abruptly pushing down the pedal a tiny bit every other second.

3. The next problem I am noticing is that sometimes, when I am at about 75% throttle in second, it will suddenly jump forward, as if it gained another 20 hp, until i shift to third.

I know very little mechanically about cars, so would someone mind chiming in and helping me figure out wut the problem is? Thanks a bunch :)

Guest øctane
Even tho your light is always on it might still be good to run for codes on it, sounds like the comp. is trying to make up for a leak or a dirty sensor somewhere. Check for TSB's and run your codes and that might help you narrow down the source.