Computer help - IE error

Mensan

I get this message even if I am not using IE:

http://www.perryjoshua.com/Exchange/error1.gif

Drive into it, and these are the details:

http://www.perryjoshua.com/Exchange/error2.gif

I have used adaware and a registry cleaner, but to no avail. The ntdll.dll file is present in system32. Has anyone else seen this, or know what program may be trying to use IE?

I've seen a virus that does that exact thing. It decides to crash your OS at random. Alot of times it seems to be triggered by starting IE and sometimes it just seems to come up about a minute after you log into windows. Update your virus software and any spyware programs and then go into safe mode and run them.

Evan

reformat. then install firefox or opera. :)

I do not use IE. The IE error pops up anyway. If I am not doing anything, just staring at the desktop, the error pops up.

IE is intertwined into XP. It's very possible that it's a windows problem instead of IE itself.

I think this thought is along the right lines. Either XP, or a program running in the background.

Run Ad Aware and Spybot in safe mode. Then go to housecall.trendmicro.com and run their virus scanner.

Do all that, reboot in standard mode, rinse and repeat. Decent chance that will take care of the issue, but will take a while (mostly just checking on the PC every so often to see if the program is finished running).

Does it do it in safe mode? Run msconfig and check out what all is in the startup. Check out all the stuff that is in there and if there any ones that you have a question about post em. Try disabling some and seeing if your box still has the problem.

Does it do it in safe mode? Run msconfig and check out what all is in the startup. Check out all the stuff that is in there and if there any ones that you have a question about post em. Try disabling some and seeing if your box still has the problem.

Did that. the registry cleaner ate everything ni my startup menu.

Run Ad Aware and Spybot in safe mode. Then go to housecall.trendmicro.com and run their virus scanner.

Do all that, reboot in standard mode, rinse and repeat. Decent chance that will take care of the issue, but will take a while (mostly just checking on the PC every so often to see if the program is finished running).

The virus scan was the only thing I had not done yet, it is next on my list.

Thanks for the help; I'll let you guys know what happens.