The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Rally Pat

Anyone who paid money to see this movie should form a line to be kicked in the jimmy!

Seriously!!

All this movie means for us is that now instead of just worrying about the ricers driving like idiots on the highway, now your going to have to watch for them sliding around the city streets and smashing into you.

:(

that will be the funniest thing, everyone trying to slide there cavaliers. I prefer powerslide with the old mustang.

I movie was worth passing the time for 2 hours. wasn't my favorite thing, but I enjoy anything with cars. i just hated the old stang with the import motor. sad. but it might be hard to find a 302 in japan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, at least 1 person on this forum understood why they had to put that engine in it.

I understood why they put the engine in it, but why the fuck would the writers even write the mustang into the plot in the first place. Why didn't they instead use an old RX7 or 280Z or some other japanesemobile instead of a mustang???

I can't wait to see it, mainly because I love cars..

Other than the plot, were the cars nice?

there was a thread about the cars a little while ago, and basically they're all relatively slow and still pretty damn ricerish. if i recall correctly, the fastest was Drift King's TT350Z which ran low 13's with 450 hp.

IMO the RWD conversions were pretty fucking stupid.

Drift cars arent meant to go fast in a straight line, so drag times are irrelevent.

There are other things that have to be taken into account, more specifically suspension setup in this case.

And I thought the RWD conversions were cool.

ia drift car only needs to spinZ the tires, doesnt have to be fast , just sucky on the traction dont you know!!11eleven'

i hope one day i can meet the drift king in person, that way i can punch him in the nose for having such a gay name. seriously.

I'm torn about this movie:

+ RWD is the star

- For all the wrong reasons

+ Its in Tokyo

- Showing all the asshat wrong aspects of the american-urban-wannabe subculture

+ Its got an old Mustang in it

- Puts a weaker engine in it and not acknowledging that fact done as a blatant insult to muscle car americans

+ Oriental girls in tight clothing

- Surely not a pair of boobs on a one of them

+ Puts cars up on a pedestal

- Wrong cars. Most are ones we made fun of in the 80s. They sucked then, they suck now.

+ Vin Diesel

- Vin Diesel

Seeing as how I *EDIT* have not */EDIT* seen the other two, I don't think I'll pony up to this one either.

^^^ Enjoyed Mowgli's post quite a bit.

Haven't seen it yet, but yeah I'll admit that I probably will eventually. I just remember almost being killed on the highway home from seening the first one. "Hey I've got a Civic.....I'M VIN DIESEL!"

My biggest gripe about the social aftermath of these movies is the disregard for the value of REAL technical knowledge. Kids think that overpriced air filters make them experts... They've probably never even seen a Haynes manual, let alone be able to name 2 of the parts INSIDE an engine block.

I also really wish they would stop destroying so many classics in these things. If they've got all this ridiculous CG ability, why not use it for the crash scenes? I almost cried when I saw how many Chargers were killed for the Duke's remake....

It's a pity, I thought they were going to make this one:

http://www.starterupsteve.com/flash/html/3_3ast_3_3urious.shtml

The real drift king could whoop your ass in anything. He has done every form of racing but rally, and for a few years ran a GT500 and a GT300 team in JGTC.

he would not whoop my a** in a nose punching contest, as that is exactly what i would do if i met him.

seriously.

Probobly not good enough to buy, but teh intarwheb will have it some time.

Haha. I probably won't ever watch it, but the fact that I own a copy, while it is still in theatres, before every other rice boy can, makes it worth the dollar I spent to buy it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/DSCN0447.jpg