The AWD crowd

Lustalbert

ancient history. That thing is safe as hell compared to some of the old stuff I've seen. there was an oooold Hot Rod magazine with a care on the cover. 4 or 6 deisels from tug boats, 1000hp each, 4wd, with a fiat nose on it. Salt flats car, god I wish I could find it.

Enzo cut his teeth working for Alfa Romeo (Fiat would not hire him) and was quickly promoted to head their race team, hence the Scuderia Ferrari or Team Ferrari on the side of this particular Alfa BiMotore. The car ate tires like a mofo and was short lived. I have heard he left Alfa in the 50's to start up his own car company but I am not sure how it worked out.

Ires and fuel. It planted 500+hp to tjhe rear wheels, an unpresidented amount back then. It spent every bit of time it gained in the pits. It was fast as hell, but only for a few laps at a time.

I heard Ferrari's car company did ok. They were bought out by Fiat, so there must have been something good about it.