Need some computer multimedia assistance

Rice Eater

That was my attempt at saying I need some knowledge on making safety copies of some of my DVD's. My sons sometimes want to use my dvd's and it seems they frequently get damaged. My pc has a dvd burner with lightscribe and I would like to just make a copy to let them screw up rather than my original. I bought some Memorex dvd+r dvd's that say they are 4.7 gb and 120min. When I check the properties of the movies, it seems that the video is almost the full capacity of the blank dvd's and then the audio puts it way over. Can someone help educate me and tell me if these will work or if I need to get a different type? Thanks in advance.

Cool. Also, I understand that my burner will burn double layer dvd's, but when I looked at Comp usa's web site they seem to be pretty expensive. Anyone know of someplace cheaper? Would the double layer dvd be better than the shrink programs?

Cool. Also, I understand that my burner will burn double layer dvd's, but when I looked at Comp usa's web site they seem to be pretty expensive. Anyone know of someplace cheaper? Would the double layer dvd be better than the shrink programs?

It would make more sense to buy the DVD. They're expensive everyplace.

Yuo'll be fine with DVD shrink. If it's encrypted (sony and a few others) then DVDVab Decryptor into vobBlanker, into DVD Shrink. I haven't come across a DVD that I can't copy yet.

Oh, I reccomend copying the image to your hard drive, then Burning onto DVD.

i think you mean DVDFAB Decrypter

all i use is DVD Shrink for non-sony dvd's

and DVDFAB Decrypter for Sony dvd's and all movie houses owned by Sony i.e. Columbia...it will copy entire dvd to hd uncompressed, and then use DVD Shrink to shrink it to 4.7 gigs.....a trick i use to get 100% video quality in DVD Shrink is to cut out all the previews and some of the boring special features

YOU DON"T NEED VOBblanker.......i do this for a living ;)