Can't wait for some nights on 270

Joe

I just left Motorsports of Columbus. And first off they were trying to charge me $200 over MSRP. Come on now, that's just bad business. So far I am not too satisfied with them. They seemed like an old school car dealer. Even had the manager come out and do his thing. They only thing is, the shop looks great and everything is new.

Update: I did not get my bike at Motorsports of Columbus. i will not go into any details here, but lets say they were a bit higher than the original quote with no valid explanation why. I am getting the bike through Hinds motorsports. I called 5 different dealers from Toledo to Cincy and Hinds was the lowest price. I know there are various reasons why they might be the lowest, but that doesnt matter. I was originally told at MOC that they were lower, then was shown much higher than my quote.

I appreciate all the effort they did, though. Spoke with the Gm and head of F&I today to explan what happened. They were very appoligetic and understanding. Even took time to restructure the deal to less that what Hinds was. At that point, the difference was not worth the hassle I had to deal with, so I politely declined.

Good news - My shiney Red 14 comes home Thursday :cool:

And for what I wanted to pay! :thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I did not get my bike at Motorsports of Columbus. i will not go into any details here, but lets say they were a bit higher than the original quote with no valid explanation why. I am getting the bike through Hinds motorsports. I called 5 different dealers from Toledo to Cincy and Hinds was the lowest price. I know there are various reasons why they might be the lowest, but that doesnt matter. I was originally told at MOC that they were lower, then was shown much higher than my quote.

I appreciate all the effort they did, though. Spoke with the Gm and head of F&I today to explan what happened. They were very appoligetic and understanding. Even took time to restructure the deal to less that what Hinds was. At that point, the difference was not worth the hassle I had to deal with, so I politely declined.

HAHA Congrats!!!! I went through the exact same thing today. I went to Hinds as well and talk about easy!!!! I was there 10 minutes and they beat the deal I had and even showed me where they got there numbers from. Unlike having to talk to the boss's boss at MoC. That was lame. I will pick up my bike tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. So far they are WAY better!

Then you know what i was getting at. I still dont understand. i get that the GSXR is "the best bike" but honestly what can you do on the street with a GSXR600 that you cant with an R6 for example? not trying to flame you at all, but someone made a good point here a few weeks ago about 90% of street riders will not ride to 100% of their bikes capabilities, so why not 'settle' for a cheaper bike when your never going to know the difference?

QUOTE]

I just reread the reply here.

Are you saying the R6 is cheaper or the GSXR 600 is cheaper?

MSRP GSXR600=$8799

MSRP YZF-R6=$9199

unless you mean the YZF-R6S=$8199

I got to sit on a bunch of bikes today with Joe at MOC while he was in the office getting his hand job. :lol: I learned a few things. I really like my 20 YO bike. I sat on a GSXR 1000, 750, 600 and I hated every one of them. I don't like how far over the front wheel you sit. I need to sit on an r1 and r6 and see if it is any different.

I really liked sitting on the limited GSXR1300r. I sat on one of Joes soon to be new toy also and it is a little taller and wider. I can only touch the ground standing up on my tip toes. On the 'busa I can almost stand flat footed. I don't think I could balence the bike two well with the wife on the back. I also love the pearl white paint of the limited 'Busa. At least I have more respect for my POS bike I own. You sit on it like a 'busa or a ZX14R. (Far back with you head over the tank.)

I would have to get rid of the STI to buy a 'busa, not likely.....

I just reread the reply here.

Are you saying the R6 is cheaper or the GSXR 600 is cheaper?

MSRP GSXR600=$8799

MSRP YZF-R6=$9199

unless you mean the YZF-R6S=$8199

No, that wasn't my point. i just took the R6 and GSXR as an example, i didn't know MSRP for either bike. My point was that the average person will not ride the bike to its full potential, so fit/comfort (<as you said) and price should weigh big on determining what bike to choose. i was taking the GSXR as an example mostly b/c it is very popular and known as "the best".

but i am surprised i would've thought the GSXR would have been more expensive than the R6.

who cares what kind of bikes people get. i'm happy to see more people on any bike, period. as long as they aren't jackasses when they are on them. the repli-racers (gsxr,r6,r1,zxr,etc) are all gonna have higher rearsets and lower clip-ons. these bikes are built for the track and so you have to ride in a more aggressive position. Congrats on the new purchase and I hope you have a lot of fun with it. Personally i like the guys at Mid-Ohio suzuki,honda,yamaha, kawisaki. I've talked to the owner and they have great prices already listed as well as first rate customer service.

No, that wasn't my point. i just took the R6 and GSXR as an example, i didn't know MSRP for either bike. My point was that the average person will not ride the bike to its full potential, so fit/comfort (<as you said) and price should weigh big on determining what bike to choose. i was taking the GSXR as an example mostly b/c it is very popular and known as "the best".

but i am surprised i would've thought the GSXR would have been more expensive than the R6.

gotcha!

who cares what kind of bikes people get. i'm happy to see more people on any bike, period. as long as they aren't jackasses when they are on them. the repli-racers (gsxr,r6,r1,zxr,etc) are all gonna have higher rearsets and lower clip-ons. these bikes are built for the track and so you have to ride in a more aggressive position. Congrats on the new purchase and I hope you have a lot of fun with it. Personally i like the guys at Mid-Ohio suzuki,honda,yamaha, kawisaki. I've talked to the owner and they have great prices already listed as well as first rate customer service.

Amen to more people riding! I can't wait till Thursday! :)

Nice bike.

When is the turbo going on it? :)

There is a local with a chip and a pipe. It moves pretty good.

Turbo?! This aint no Busa!! :)

It's staying stock for quite some time. I doubt I will be needing over 200hp for most of this summer. Not like there is a TT Z06 running around ;)

Turbo?! This aint no Busa!! :)

It's staying stock for quite some time. I doubt I will be needing over 200hp for most of this summer. Not like there is a TT Z06 running around ;)

You shouldnt have any issues hanging with it with a new 14 :eek:

it is harder to finace a bike you need a good credit score to get the best deal an low intrest rate .

That bike is fucking sick he passed me a few times on 270 like I was standing still. I was on my FZR1000. The red one looks the best, it is so freakin sweet. I want one too!

There was a bad accident on 270 east right before 315, another suv was on it's top again. They had the freeway shut down.

Damn Joe did you win the lotto?

I want a bike :(

Nope, didnt win the lotto. Kawi is doing 169/month until the bike is paid off. So, my payment is 10 bucks less a month.

I am insuring it with state farm for a whopping 49/month!!! :eek2: So in all actuality, its cheaper than my FZ1 :cool: