2nd time around is so much simpler...

MrMeanGreen

This is what 1.75 hours of self-labor after getting off of work this morning has scored me:

http://www.darkformula.net/pics/apartagain.jpg

The same tools I used before were never put away (they were in a box meant for being out back), the experience is still fresh in my mind since it was only two months ago the damned car was re-assembled after being down all winter and most of spring, and the assembly only has 500 miles on it since that point.

Another hour will see the other header off, the valve covers and valvetrain removed, and quite possibly the heads studs. I think it'll take longer to clean the mating surfaces again and soak the coolant up then re-assemble the heads/valvetrain.

Sam, Linn, Paul, and John will be here Friday night to help with things, and the car should be back together and running for it's date in Indy in two weeks.

Hell, this ain't half bad. Maybe I coulda had this done in shorter time before (not withstanding bullshit extra parts and time waiting for pieces I was missing or needed) :grin2:

There's a good chance that someone that knows these PCMs can get the 85mm Z06 MAF to work with the '98s and actually recognize air-flow up to 14psi :)

Radiator is out (it actually took longer to remove the thing than to pull my intake/ignition), headers off, everything outta the way. The valve covers and valvetrain are all that's left, which is maybe an hour. I dread the radiator install and mating surface cleaning more than actually the head removal/install :D

http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

He wrote EFI Live Flashscan ;)

I have been spending countless hours training with Jesse. He is one of the best tuners period. I am going back to Indy again for another 3 days to work on custom operating systems and building custom VE tables. We may be sticking with speed density or if at all possible we will be putting a MAF back on Anthony's car. The Z06 meter is close to its limit.

Well, the head gaskets look fine. I believe the culprit to be a lifted passenger side head, thanks to the majority of the ARP head studs being loose in the block. I followed the install directions to the point, and even called their tech support at one time for install clarification.

I'm about lost with this one :wtf:

I called ARP, and they recommend the studs being tightened into the block with allen wrenches, although their instructions don't mention this :rolleyes:

On top of that, one of the studs and it's corresponding nut were rusted together, which they said is almost unheard of. They're warrantying the pieces and sending me a new thing of moly lube as well, no questions asked.

Good people to deal with, even the second time around :)